Self draining enclosures the easy way.

ZEROPILOT

Avid Member
I haven't "invented anything. I'm just sharing my ideas of how to deal with dripper and misting water accumulation.
In this two cage setup. The cages are attached to the table it sits on. There is a 2" hole in each cage bottom and also through the plastic table. The enclosures are silicone glued to the table and there are also a few small, stainless screws. Ive also glued screens over the holes so that crickets don't fall out.
My plant pots are sitting up on pavers to aid in drainage and to not block the drains. There are 2 buckets under the table to catch the run off water from my droppers and my MISTKING. I've removed the "skirt" that covers the buckets for the photos.
This let's the enclosure drain and dry and the buckets only need dumping once a week.....If that.

Attachments

• 20191217_145055.jpg
    20191217_145055.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
This is what I do if I can not, or don't want to put a hole in a stand. In this case a dresser.
I make the 2" hole in the enclosure bottom. Silicone glue the bottom to the cage and place a screen over the drain hole. Then place the cage on bricks (or something more decorative) and use a bin to catch the water.
In this case, a plant saucer.
Hole saws can be found at any hardware store.
You can make yours even more elaborate. But I'm a cheapskate.

Attachments

• 20191217_145119.jpg
    20191217_145119.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 20191217_144939.jpg
    20191217_144939.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 130
I haven't "invented anything. I'm just sharing my ideas of how to deal with dripper and misting water accumulation.
In this two cage setup. The cages are attached to the table it sits on. There is a 2" hole in each cage bottom and also through the plastic table. The enclosures are silicone glued to the table and there are also a few small, stainless screws. Ive also glued screens over the holes so that crickets don't fall out.
My plant pots are sitting up on pavers to aid in drainage and to not block the drains. There are 2 buckets under the table to catch the run off water from my droppers and my MISTKING. I've removed the "skirt" that covers the buckets for the photos.
This let's the enclosure drain and dry and the buckets only need dumping once a week.....If that.

Water your plants with that water! They love it it's yummy

Back
Top Bottom