Scrape on chin

Hello, looking for some advice, my chameleon pablo was out his cage on his tree and had a fall. He has a very small scrape on his chin and was wondering if there is anything I can put on it to prevent an infection.
i Have given it a clean with some warm water but I worry a lot and just want to make sure it stays clean

Hello, looking for some advice, my chameleon pablo was out his cage on his tree and had a fall. He has a very small scrape on his chin and was wondering if there is anything I can put on it to prevent an infection.
i Have given it a clean with some warm water but I worry a lot and just want to make sure it stays clean
You could try either some silver sulfadiazine cream (if you have some - is prescription only), triple antibiotic ointment or manuka honey. Just a small dab is enough.

I might be concerned more about him falling though. How is his grip?
thankfully his grip is fine, he fell off his devils ivy so I assume he walked on a big leaf that didn’t support his weight. He quickly climbed all the way back up to the top so I knew he hadn’t injured anything else thankfully. :) I have just ordered some vetark tamodine wound cleanser just to be on safe side

My exotic Vet told me I could use neosporin. Mine did the same exact thing and fell out of her living room tree. But luckily he was fine.

Back
Top Bottom