Schefflera?

Syn

Avid Member
I FINALLY found some schefflera at the local grocery store!
They have a mini garden section, and I've been looking there every week for about 3 months. FINALLY!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!
I was so happy I bought 3 LOL.

Alright, now that I got my joy out, on to the question.

They're small. You get what you get for 5$, how can I speed up the growth?

GROW PLANTS GROOOOOW!

Sabrina, natural sunlight will boost there growth.

schefflera need sun half the day, and lots of water, with our dry heat. i am keeping mine outside and they get the morning sun, and shade after 12:00.

they are doing really good. just gotta make sure to water every 2-3 days with a really good soaking.

doesn't hurt to repot the plant in a little bit bigger pot too, just keep the original soil, and place the whole plant into new soil.

Thanks James, I'll keep them outside with the garden until they get bigger. :)

the good thing about them is they have sturdy branches...so even a small one can suposrt a large panther.

Sang is right Sabrina, The morning sun is best before it really heats up. The whole day in the hot sun will turn that thing into a fire hazard in no time. They like humidity and sun...just not excessive heat. If the heat is to much, no amount of water is gonna save it!:( I got 6 from Target almost a year ago and they are still in excellent condition! Good luck to you and your green thumb!:)

-Jay

Does this also apply to heat lamps as well? Or is it OK to have scheflerra under the lamps for 12 hours a day?

Lol... it gets up to 120 degrees here... unless your heat bulb gets to 120 degrees don't worry about it.. and by fire hazard I'm sure he meant it will dry up and die..

the good thing about them is they have sturdy branches...so even a small one can suposrt a large panther.

I know, that's why I've wanted one of these! Ficus and pothos just aren't good enough.

They like humidity and sun...just not excessive heat. If the heat is to much, no amount of water is gonna save it!:( I got 6 from Target almost a year ago and they are still in excellent condition! Good luck to you and your green thumb!:)

-Jay

Lol I love to garden. I'll have to post about mine one of these days. :)

My strawberries and watermelon are doing fine outside, we water them twice a day, even if it's not humid, they're doing pretty good. We are going to add a tarp over the top of the plants only, just to prevent the 12 o'clock scorching heat. (Can you believe it's 99 degrees right now?)

Back
Top Bottom