Schedule lights/water

I have had my chameleon (veiled) for about a year now and I'm looking for some critiques on my schedule for lights/misting.
UVB: 8am to 8 pm
Plant light (in same fixture as uvb) 8am to 8pm
Heat 8 am to 8pm
Misting: 7:30 am 4 min, 8:30pm 4 minutes. I also added in 3 more short misting as there is less humidity in the winter, 9am for 1 min, 3 pm for 1 mintue and 5 pm for 30 seconds.
Average humidity during the day is ~ 40 percent.

Yes, if you could add details on the UVB fixture type and bulb strength. If linear it matters if they share a reflector for 2 bulbs or if the reflector comes down in between bulbs.

If you would like to add pics of your set up that would be great.

Everything looks good with your timing of things. Just make sure your cage is drying out completely between mistings.

20221122_140736.jpg

I am using a 6 percent arcadia 22 inch(going to replace soon as I am nearing 1 year of having the light) and there are reflectors which come down between lights. I fixture itself is a vivosun quad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...po-20&linkId=bac7b4cb21d0566d28859916584efebe . I'll send pictures of the set up once I have a chance.
Perfect... Is the UVB in the back position furthest away from you towards the heat fixture? With this fixture and bulb strength you are looking for 8-9 inches to the branch below it for the correct UVI level.

Also with the quad it will put out quite a bit of heat. You may be able to just run your heat fixture from 8-12 instead of all day.

The uvb bulb itself is in the farthest stop back near the heat fixture. I gonna try out only running heat lamp 8-12 and see the heat levels now that you've suggested it. Thanks for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom