Scary sleeping spot

Boston Pitty

Established Member
So for the past few nights Argo found a new sleeping spot and i could never seem to fund him when it was bedtime. I figured he couldnt have escaped so no harm, he found a good hiding spot for bed time. Tonight i was dead set in finding him and spent like 15 minutes looking around the cage than decided that i should empty his drain bin. It was than that i found where he's been sleeping....

Photos below, he apperantly sleeps at the darkest and coolest spot in the cage, right on the bottom bars. His whole tail fits under and hes just literally suspedning himself. It scares the shit outta me thinking he might fall through, but so far he must have been doing this for almost a week now. Does anyone else have this problem?

He looks like hes about to shed again. He might be to big to fit trough the bars, but i feel like this isnt normal. We were at the vet wensday and he got a clean bill of health. Maybe hes just weird :|

Attachments

• 20180518_190011.jpg
    20180518_190011.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 157
  • 20180518_185942.jpg
    20180518_185942.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 152
Well I'm not going to deny that he chameleons are weird, because they totally are! I used to have this problem with my chameleon, and I actually still do still on random nights. My veiled will just wander the cage and find the oddest sleeping position, such as right in the smack dab middle of the door! Also, you shouldn't be too worried about him falling through. As you said before, he has been doing it for a week, so he probably feels secure there. Plus, chameleons seem to have a grip of steel! Especially when they are sleeping. Once, my chameleon was basking and I walked in and startled her, so she proceeded to hang onto the bottom of this twig (it was thick enough so that she couldn't get a whole grip around it) and then she released her back feet and tail! It was just her front feet hanging on to half of a horizontal stick!
They are so interesting! I love them so much

Lmao:LOL::LOL::LOL: looks pretty cozy actually. I wouldn’t be to worried actually. I’d say chameleons are one of the masters of climbing.i understand your concern but most chameleons know there limits, unless he’s be lethargic or his behavior hasn’t been normal I wouldn’t b to worried. Thanks for the laugh, I needed one today!(y)

That's super cute of him. I agree chams are weird. Just out or xuriousity tho because Jackson's are tree dwellers once they've passed that 6 month threshold, what are the night time temps in his enclosure? He may be seeking cooler air than what is available for him at the levels he normally sleep at. With the seasons changing right now it might just be a little warmer than he likes in his normal sleeping spot. Just a thought:)

My only concern would be if he has access to the nasty water in the drip pan as it harbors a bunch of really nasty bacteria. If he can't come into contact with the drainage water, I wouldnt really worry. As mentioned above, chams are weird. The male gracilior in my avatar likes to sleep at the base of one of my larger plants on the bottom of his enclosure. Many nights, shortly before lights out, he goes down to that potted plant and snuggles in next to the base of the plant for the night. Their just weird I guess.

Thanksfo making me fwel better about my weirdo lol :D
His drainage tub is abou a foot below plus I drained it a day early when I saw him there. I normmally drain it every other day or two. Might do it everynighr now if hes gunna sleep there

You may want to start your own thread, as this one is many months old and you will get more information. If you choose to post your own, you can click on the link in my signature below and fill that out, the one that says How To Ask for Help. That will help people get a better understanding of your situation.

Back
Top Bottom