Scab looking wound on Chameleons side

MrOban

I recently noticed what looks like a scab on the side of my Veiled Chameleon. I gave it a little bit of time to see if it would go away on its own but it doesn't seem to be doing so. It does not seem to bother him and he never tries to scratch/pick at it. It also has not gotten any worse sense it appeared. He is pretty active and moves around his enclosure a lot throughout the day so its definitely possible that he could have scratched himself. I was hoping someone might have encountered a similar issue with their Chameleon or might have some idea what it could be.
I have attached a photo of the wound.

Thank you all in advanced.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 77
I recently noticed what looks like a scab on the side of my Veiled Chameleon. I gave it a little bit of time to see if it would go away on its own but it doesn't seem to be doing so. It does not seem to bother him and he never tries to scratch/pick at it. It also has not gotten any worse sense it appeared. He is pretty active and moves around his enclosure a lot throughout the day so its definitely possible that he could have scratched himself. I was hoping someone might have encountered a similar issue with their Chameleon or might have some idea what it could be.
I have attached a photo of the wound.

Thank you all in advanced.
It may be something wrong with my eyes but does anyone else find it hard to see the wound, like I zoomed in but it looks strange and unreadable. Do you maybe have another picture? It may be a burn but I’m not entirely sure another picture would be great please!

It may be something wrong with my eyes but does anyone else find it hard to see the wound, like I zoomed in but it looks strange and unreadable. Do you maybe have another picture? It may be a burn but I’m not entirely sure another picture would be great please!
I will try and get a better photo tomorrow when his lights are on again. He wasn't super fond of the phone in his cage so it was a little difficult to snap a photo.

Back
Top Bottom