Sambava x nosy be from kammerflage

Im getting a female 4 month old cross breed from kammerflage my question is how long should I wait to try to breed her?
Most wait until they are a year old and have produced their first clutch. Need to know how well she will get through laying and how many eggs to expect.

Most wait until they are a year old and have produced their first clutch. Need to know how well she will get through laying and how many eggs to expect.
Meaning
Are you talking about an infertile clutch? I'm aware that they lay eggs even if they dont breed

Meaning

Are you talking about an infertile clutch? I'm aware that they lay eggs even if they dont breed
Yes, meaning most wait until they are a year old and have laid at least their first infertile clutch. This will tell them how many eggs to expect and how well developed they are. Meaning the calcification of the actual infertile eggs. Also it shows how well a female gets through the laying process and at a year old she is at a mature size. She will retain sperm as well so it is not just one fertile clutch it will be multiple. Since females are smaller then the males by quite a bit you want her to be fully mature before she is with the male..

Make sure you have a plan and husbandry is on point. Babies are expensive and need their own cages and complete set ups. Then rehoming at the 3-4 month mark is not always easy when your a brand new breeder.

Back
Top Bottom