Road trip with a chameleon?

ChamGirl277

Established Member
At Christmas time it will be hard to find anyone to care for Picasso for 2 weeks. My family is taking a road trip to Chicago during Christmas and I was contemplating taking Picasso with us. However, I don’t know exactly how to do that. I won’t be able to take the whole cage with. It is too big and too heavy. Any suggestions?

I ended up in the same situation when I went to the beach in August. I didnt feel comfortable with anyone doing it because I was afraid something would go wrong. I ended up taking my cham with me. The only way I would encourage you to take her is if your car has an electric plug in. That way, the lights can be on. That's what I did. By the time you get to your destination, put her in a comfortable spot. Keep a bag of food and supplements. I would not encourage taking her if there will be a lot of noise, or anything that would cause extend stress. No cham is going to like a car ride. But make them feel as comfortable as possible.

It would be far more stress on the cham to try to take it with you for a 2 week period. I suggest finding a pet sitter that you can teach how to care for him. Otherwise really the only way to do it is by taking the enclosure. They get very accustomed to their environment switching it on them causes stress.

I just read you can't take the cage. Your cham can go with a couple days without food. (Though not recommend) keep a timer on your lights. 12/12

I just read you can't take the cage. Your cham can go with a couple days without food. (Though not recommend) keep a timer on your lights. 12/12
We’re going to Utah for thanksgiving (3 days) and I’m doing just that. Thank you everyone for the feedback. I will decide what to do as it gets closer to Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving!

Back
Top Bottom