Risk of impaction

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
I am worried about setting up my bioactive enclosure.
I what is the risk of impaction in a bioactive tank? Does the leaf litter prevent the cham from eating soil? What are the symptoms of impaction and how would I treat/help this?
It would help if you could point me to some useful threads/websites as well.

Well the idea is, that a heathly Cham should be able to pass some organic matter just fine, I believe that the leaves do act as the rocks in terms of covering the soil. I think the real impact risk is the plastic leaves and branches. This is just from what I’ve heard though.
Okay thanks. I just found out about the fake leaves posing a risk recently and I am going to trade them in for some real ones.

Eating soil shouldn't impact anything. My chams have been bio for several years now, I've even witnessed them eating leaves and soil at times. No issues.

I mean in the wild...they gonna eat soil if they want to
I’m assuming because in the wild, they will be in their natural habitat and, hopefully, healthy. And like @The Wild One said, a heathy cham can digest the soil. And as for the leaves, in the wild their won’t be fake leaves that they can’t take normal sized bites out of. This is what I am thinking, correct me if I’m wrong.

Back
Top Bottom