Reptarium and reptisun??

dragongoddess

Established Member
I've read on a thread that Reptisun 5.0 does not penetrate a reptarium cage. Has anyone else heard of this or have any other information. I have 100gal reptarium, about 4ft tall. My cham likes to stay to the branches in the top two feet and never visits the floor. Do I need to rethink my UVB light?

how long have you had the cham. has it had any recent issues? if your answers are over a year, and no then dont fix whats not broken. now is the reptarium the zippered screen over pvc?

My Rudis is only 4 months old but the reptarium is new this week. I just read someone's post and it got me thinking. I've just seen too many pictures of MBD and I don't want to make a prevenable mistake, but I also don't want to hurt him by overdoing anything. And yes they reptarium in made with pvc.

I've read on a thread that Reptisun 5.0 does not penetrate a reptarium cage. Has anyone else heard of this or have any other information. I have 100gal reptarium, about 4ft tall. My cham likes to stay to the branches in the top two feet and never visits the floor. Do I need to rethink my UVB light?

Your chameleon should not be spending much time in the lower parts of it's cage unless it is seeking cooler temps. You should have your UVB and basking lamp close to one another in order to get your cham as much UVB as you can. I am going to run some tests tomorrow with my meter to see how much UVB comes through a reptarium. If your basking spot is under a 5.0 and within 6-8" you should be getting enough UVB. Using an aluminum foil reflector made in your kitchen should work just fine to increase the UVB penetration.

This is a thread I made showing values of normals screen with and without the foil.... Some Readings

Back
Top Bottom