Reptar!!!

SS4Luck

Established Member
Well as my excitement ebbs for the few seconds im going to jump on the forum and say I GOT REPTAR!!

I met steve this morning and picked him up. He is a 3 month or so baby male veiled and is adorable!! I think he also gave me one of the most eventful rides home ever. We had to stop and pick up some crickets but we got there a few minutes early, so were sitting there with a tub of silkies that Steve had given me for a good start and i figure hmm why not lets see if hell eat realy quick. So i pull out a smaller silkie and put it on a branch about 6" infront of him and WHAM! took him maybe 20 seconds. I was so excited, he wasnt even in his cage yet and already he was eating. I was as excited as a person could get. Figuring this was as good as i was going to do for a first hour with my cham on the way home my GF started shreiking SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH HIM! and i freak out and look over and hes going potty for the first time too!! Everything looked perfect. Then we get home and i mist him and he drinks instantly. After exploring for about 15 minutes i offer him one more silkie and he snaps that one right off of my finger! Im so excited. He is jsut cruising his cage right now. Hes drink from his dripper a few times and sat under it for a minute or two getting blasted in the head by it too lol

Here are some pictures!

On Audra's finger
DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

After his first misting
DSC_0068.jpg

Going exploring
DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

If you look hard you can see a drop of water on his lips
DSC_0074.jpg

And because you guys are the only ones that will appreciate this :)
DSC_0067.jpg

Enjoy

Congratulations on your new family member! Reptar is absolutely cham-tastical!:D Sadly, they don't stay that cute and tiny for very long!:D

thanks for the nice words guys!
Reptar is great. He ate 3 silkies and about 4 cricks yesterday and drank at every misting and aaalot for the drippper. When he woke up this morning he had alot of teal showing on his sides and brightened up a little more when I misted him. He even comes to the front of the cage when I open it in hopes of a treat or a shower. He is such a cool little guy and seems like he has such a unique personality for a baby male veiled. Gotta get a better food cup made for him today then everthing will be set!!

Oh and Kevin thanks for all the help you gave me. I know it may not have seemed like much but the endless newb uestions you answered and hookin me up with Steve really made this easy for me!

You've got a good one; he's even going so far as to let you see him eat and drink! (Many chams cause their owners no end of worry by refusing to be seen drinking.) And even if he doesn't stay cute and tiny for long, he'll grow big and handsome!

I think that was funny also but I have realized that only on here do people get excited about poop!... I was on a dog breeders forum and there was no mention of poop at all...:p

Serious dog people talk poop all the time. A whole dinner party can be spent on the subject, much to others' dismay. I get excited about all critter poo and what it tells us.

Very cute, but I have suspicions that he is a she. I could be wrong cause there aren't any really clear shots but I'll be damned if I can see and spurs on those hind feet.

Reptar is adorable, and, of course, thanks for the poop picture (it's also very nice.) Veileds are sooooo adorable when they're little, before the serious attitude kicks in LOL

Serious dog people talk poop all the time. A whole dinner party can be spent on the subject, much to others' dismay. I get excited about all critter poo and what it tells us.

haha we talk about poo alot on my dog forum too, but not quite as much or as important as it is here

Very cute, but I have suspicions that he is a she. I could be wrong cause there aren't any really clear shots but I'll be damned if I can see and spurs on those hind feet.

When i picked him up Steve looke him over good, his spurs are just smaller

Reptar is adorable, and, of course, thanks for the poop picture (it's also very nice.) Veileds are sooooo adorable when they're little, before the serious attitude kicks in LOL

Hes not going to get an attitude, he is too nice for it!! (starts praying....please no attitude!!! haha)

Back
Top Bottom