Reducing egg production?

JenniferAlicia

So, I have heard a few mentions of being able to control a female veilds cage to prevent or slow down her egg production...
I was only able to come across one website that gave a little more information but I am weary since I can only find ONE.
Does anyone have information on this, if it is true, and success stories (or the other way around)...

Thanks all the information will be greatly appreciated.

Ziva is doing well exploring and seems to enjoy her set up and now I am trying to convenience her to eat. I am nervous the crickets may be intimidating even though that is what she ate at the store.... I put about 5 in a cup so she can choose and they cannot harass her. Suggestions here to if you'd like.

Right now I took her actual basking light away she has her uvb light should I put a second light in there? Maybe just a household light in place of the basking?

How old is she? I typically use between a 40-60 watt incandescent bulb for basking lights. Depends on age on which wattage to use. 40 watt or less for young chams normally. You dont want to cook them.

Congratulations on your new girl. This blog will tell you what to do to prevent her from laying a clutch. http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html

This is the same website I came across :)
I was curious of anyone has had any success with this, and what peoples experiences are so far with this technique.

Thanks.

Also I have not seen her eat a cricket and I am unsure if she has eaten or not in the last two days (a few escaped) so when should I worry?

How old is she? I typically use between a 40-60 watt incandescent bulb for basking lights. Depends on age on which wattage to use. 40 watt or less for young chams normally. You dont want to cook them.

Right now she is two months of less-ish. I have a 40 watt basking lamp putting the temperature in the 80s and a 15 watt uvb lamp.

I never use a basking bulb with my female nor the babies. For UVB you need a reptisun 5.0 tube style bulb.

Its me who wrote that article on veiled females. If you have any questions, just ask and I will do my best to answer....but it they are kept like I've described (supplements, gutload and all) they should produce no eggs or at least very small clutches.

I use a fixture that holds two fluorescent long linear tube lights....one a Repti-sun 5.0 and the other a regular white fluorescent light.

She ate her first cricket since being home! I happened to catch her in the act on my way to the kitchen.
So exciting! Then she proceeded to try to eat her silk plant. She was pulling chewing! She have one live plant but I think I am going to get another. I put some romaine lettuce in there for tonight incase she needs to crunch again lol and I just misted her again.

Back
Top Bottom