Recommended Misting System

ChamHeyo

Starting up our first Chameleon habitat and we have a 250 gallon Reptarium approximately 30x30x72. I was just reaching out to see which misting systems would be good for a set up this size. Was looking at Mistking, Aquazamp, and ReptiRain. Also considering a homemade setup.

Ideas?

Ok thanks! Heard nothing but good things about Mistking.

Is it harder to keep the humidity levels in a larger cage?

If you have the mister going off for 2 minutes every 3 hours or so, it's not hard at all to keep up humidity.

However, most humidity may escape through the screen. If you want to keep the water off your walls (it damages paint and wooden furniture especially...) I would buy a shower curtain to drape 3 sides of the cage with.

Awesome, so helpful the shower curtain thing is very smart especially because we have wooden floors.

How much Drainage should I expect from the mister?

I use a monsoon rs400 mister. I like it so far. Easy to program and you can buy additional nozzles if needed.
My little guy likes to hangout in his spider plant so I spray his plant on the top and the other nozzle sprays the rest of the cage. 20 sec every 2 hours keeps my humidity at 50.

Planning to build my next cage myself but will probably use the same system.

I had looked into the monsoon because its relatively cheap. Heard mixed reviews about it but I know some about plumbing so I think it would work out alright. Was also considering making my own with a water pump and a misting system depending on how elaborate I want to get

Honestly the monsoon does not mix well with screen as it uses suction cups, but maybe you will get it to work fine.

But overall in quality and functionality the mistking is superior in every way (having seen several failed monsoon mister instances).

you can mount the nozzles without the suction cups... I have used the monsoon system for over two years and have had absolutely no problem... the ones that complain or have issues with them are (most of the time) the ones whom forget to make sure there is always water in the res...
as far as the mounting issue... I "clipped" the screw piece (that's used for the suction cup) off.. used a small "U" bracket to mount to the upper corner(s) of my wood/screen/glass enclosure I built myself...
I do have to say/ask though... my monsoon runs for 2 minutes every 3 hours.. humidity gets up to 60 - 70 right after its ran and then drops to about 25 - 35 before it kicks on again...and I have never needed any type of drainage for my enclosure... never any standing or collecting water anywhere in the enclosure...have nothing more than a repti carpet to cover the bottom.. which is 1/8 DS glass with a 100w cord heater mounted to the underside for heat.. so I'm still confused on why anyone would need any drainage system... maybe I'm doing something wrong??

"There's never any problems... just solutions not discovered yet"...

chamfriend1 thanks for the reply!

I was thinking the same thing about the monsoon. Everyone had been complaining about the suction cups and such but I'm more concerned about the functionality of the mister more than the mounts. Once again this is my first cham set up just trying to get some input.

Back
Top Bottom