Recommendation/ thoughts on my enclosure in progress.

alucard

24x24x48 dragon strand tall enclosure
Mist king
4 light system with one UVB bulb 3 6500 grow lights.
2 pathos
1 sheffaler
1 hibiscus
1 bromilade
1 laybin

Yes she in there, just hiding.

0CE6EB03-BDF9-453F-9B6D-9565FBB30F7A.jpeg

Should be around 9 inches, I was told. What kind is she and how old? I have a male veiled cham almost a year old.
I have a female vailed around 4/5 months…the research I did was 6 inches. But I could be wrong.

Males are bigger that might be the difference. She is young so you may have to have her closer till she is grown. Great looking setup 😊

So if you are using a T5HO single bulb linear fixture with a 5.0 or 6% bulb on top of a regular screen top you want to have the branches 8-9 measured inches below the fixture. This puts the chams body in an approximate 3 UVI level where they rise off the branch. You do not want it closer than that or you will put them into overexposure levels.

This would be the same for a vivosun quad fixture as well because the reflectors come down between the bulbs. These also produce a ton of heat so if you have a female you need to test temps because you do not want them hotter than 78-80 max on the highest basking branches. If the quad is doing it for temps you want to remove the basking fixture. Make sure with the quad that the position of the UVB bulb lines up with branches below it as well.

So if you are using a T5HO single bulb linear fixture with a 5.0 or 6% bulb on top of a regular screen top you want to have the branches 8-9 measured inches below the fixture. This puts the chams body in an approximate 3 UVI level where they rise off the branch. You do not want it closer than that or you will put them into overexposure levels.

This would be the same for a vivosun quad fixture as well because the reflectors come down between the bulbs. These also produce a ton of heat so if you have a female you need to test temps because you do not want them hotter than 78-80 max on the highest basking branches. If the quad is doing it for temps you want to remove the basking fixture. Make sure with the quad that the position of the UVB bulb lines up with branches below it as well.
Ok I got my trusty tape measure and the two basking areas are at 8 inches and 10 inches. She tends to split time 50/50. The UVB is the bulb on the far left, you can kinda see a color difference.
The branch she is on in the picture is the one 10 inches below. One of these I’ll spring for a UVB reader.

Attachments

• 60353E1B-37B0-4128-872C-E49FA59E68A9.jpeg
    60353E1B-37B0-4128-872C-E49FA59E68A9.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom