ready to lay?

So don't cover her entire cage... Your going to cause a lot of stress. Isn't this the brand new cham you got after the other one died? When females are "covered" it is the front of the cage only otherwise there is no airflow which in turn causes other issues.

Mealworms should not be fed. This are low in nutritional value and higher in chiten, it is one thing to feed a few here and there but they should not be her diet nor should any one feeder be.

I would really start reading and learning as much as you can. Your girl in no way is showing her "big girl" colors. You are using fake plants in the cage which is dangerous with veileds.

I would read everything in this https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Here are some helpful images.

chameleon academy plants.png
laybin graphic.jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg
chameleon-food(1).jpg

Isn't this the brand new cham you got after the other one died? When females are "covered" it is the front of the cage only otherwise there is no airflow which in turn causes other issues.
yes she is…3 sides of the cage have a background on the inside and the front is open so what should I do ? i’m aware about the mealworms. at the time it was all that I had. I am learning, that is clearly why I am asking questions - to learn more … some threads don’t give me the answer i’m looking for. that’s why I typed my own

yes she is…3 sides of the cage have a background on the inside and the front is open so what should I do ? i’m aware about the mealworms. at the time it was all that I had. I am learning, that is clearly why I am asking questions - to learn more … some threads don’t give me the answer i’m looking for. that’s why I typed my own
Ok so do not cover the cage... She does not need it right now. Plus not all females do if their cage is set up correctly. If you have not do a full husbandry review. Take all feedback and make any corrections. You can order feeders as well. They are less expensive this way.

I
You definitely will want to cut back on food as keeping her food schedule that way can result in an unhealthy chameleon and laying. Their brains are so small, they don't know when enough is enough. Do three to six bugs three times a week.
I read thats mainly with veiled chameleons though, i feed my female 5 dubia roaches 3 times a week, idk if its enought though because she seems a bit skinny

I

I read thats mainly with veiled chameleons though, i feed my female 5 dubia roaches 3 times a week, idk if its enought though because she seems a bit skinny
I was very ignorant at the time of this thread so do not follow what I was saying. i’ve since learned and now understand how to care for my girl, who is doing amazing !

Back
Top Bottom