Ready for new additions

Chameleon Nation

Avid Member
A few of you out there were not too impressed with reptariums and my lighting. So I ordered a bunch of 24x24x48 inch aluminum cages and the 5.0 repti-sun bulbs from LLL reptile. After it got through customs it cost me a pretty penny but I am really impressed with how professional it looks. I am still keeping my reptariums for the size, but all of my cages from now on will be these aluminum cages. I am about to get my hands on some really rare chameleons so I want to be sure I do this right. Thank you to everyone on here who directed me to these cages. Here is a pic of some of the unfinished cages.

Last edited:
Looks great make sure you put something between the cages so they cant see each other. What do you mean by rare? So kind of montane species?

Where did you get your cages? Does it have 3 different screen doors? I've only seen ones with two doors, with the little door on the bottom.

Where did you get your cages? Does it have 3 different screen doors? I've only seen ones with two doors, with the little door on the bottom.

LLLreptile.com. The cages he has are 2'x2'x4'. Those come with a screen part above the door for stability.

CP, looking good. Now you've got me curious about these mysterious chams your getting. Keep up posted.

Caging

I ordered the cages from LLL reptile. 4 cages that were 2'x2'x4' and 6 18", 5.0 repti-sun tubes. After it made it through customs, all duty fees and taxes applied it came to about $650 CDN. They are the ones with the little cleaning door in the bottom. I am presently in the process of building stands for them so they can be raised off of the floor. I can then drill some small holes in the bottom to allow for proper drainage. I added some vegetable garden wrap to the inside to prevent any toe trauma. I am paying way to much money for the chams to have anything go wrong. Most of the ideas came from right here on the "Chameleon Forums" so thank you to all for the input. It's a work in progress, and I have some time before all the paperwork clears. I'll have some nice pics when everything is here and all setup.

Last edited:
OK. That isn't fair! I got yelled at when i said i got a new kind and i didn't post pics, but you arent even telling us what kind. No fair! We can keep a secret. Right guys. lol

Debby

looks very clean, but wow 650!! What was the price of only the goods before they smacked you with the duty fees and taxes? Just curious as I've never really ordered anything from the states yet... do the fees/taxes varie according to weight of the package? size of the package? value of the package? or all of the above?

just a suggestion i can see you don't have a lot of height room to work with but i like to raise my plants off the floor with a upside down, dvd case or something of the like so it has more room to dry out

other than that looks great

Back
Top Bottom