Question about supplements/vitamins

emmrycham

Hiya,

So i am fairly new to the cham world and I wish I would have dived in sooner because I am so in love with her! I literally come home from work and will watch her stare at me for an hour. She is an approx 4-6 month old veiled (Miss Crawly) and i've had her for a little less than a month. I have read a lot about what supplements to give her but just wanted to clarify a few things. I've seen that they need calcium only once a day and then every 2 weeks, they need multivitamins and calcium with D3. I currently only have the calcium with D3 (repashy, is this a good brand?) and herptivite multivitamin and apart from looking online, I cannot find calcium only anywhere.. is this something that is only bought online? My other question is and i'm almost certain it is a stupid one - when the 2 week point comes around, do I dust her food with both the calc/D3 and the multivit together or do i dust half with the calc/D3 and the other half with the multivit? I've been feeding her about 8-10 med crickets every day and like every other day or couple of days, I will give her 1 or 2 wax worms. She also ate a big moth which I hope was okay.. she found it before I could grab it. I tried giving her kale but she mostly just chilled on it. I have not given her veggies yet as I have read conflicting things about that.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips and advice you guys might have!

hey congrats on entering the crazy world of chameleon husbandry! i have a panther but my schedule is calcium without D3 every day (lightly dusted) i pick one day a week, for me its thursdays, one week he gets calcuim with D3 and the next week a multivitamin. so for me every thurday im alternating the two. repashy is great brand to use. i am surpised you cant find calcium without D3. i literally see it everywhere, in store or online. hopefully, one of the experts will reply to this thread with the graphics that are very helpful. it will spell out everything you need to know, feeders, gutload, supplements, lights, etc.

You want to dust with plain calcium (without d3) every single feeding. You want a calcium with vitamin d3 that you dust with ONCE every 2 weeks. You want a reptile multivitamin that you also dust with ONCE every 2 weeks. I dust multivitamin one friday then d3 the next friday and so on, so its easier to remember. As for brand names i will not recommend any since some member swear by one or 2 brands and everything else is no good in there books. There are afew solid brands, im sure other members can help you out with. Personally i use repashy and arcadia.

hey congrats on entering the crazy world of chameleon husbandry! i have a panther but my schedule is calcium without D3 every day (lightly dusted) i pick one day a week, for me its thursdays, one week he gets calcuim with D3 and the next week a multivitamin. so for me every thurday im alternating the two. repashy is great brand to use. i am surpised you cant find calcium without D3. i literally see it everywhere, in store or online. hopefully, one of the experts will reply to this thread with the graphics that are very helpful. it will spell out everything you need to know, feeders, gutload, supplements, lights, etc.

awesome, thank you! i will use your idea about picking one day a week to do the calc/D3 and the following week, doing a multivitamin. and yea, I thought the same too about not finding it anywhere.. Does repashy make the calc without D3 as well? Or do you know of any brands to use as I just might have to purchase it online.

Back
Top Bottom