Pregnant chameleon not laying

Crickity

Hello guys, so my 10 month old chameleon Bubba is pregnant, REALLY pregnant. She’s not laying her eggs so I think she’s eggbound. It’s a 6 inch deep, 4 inch wide Tupperware container filled with half sand, half organic potting soil. It’s moist but I don’t think it’s big enough what do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 90
  • F989A2F8-A091-4A16-AD34-A4A7F77014E0.jpeg
    F989A2F8-A091-4A16-AD34-A4A7F77014E0.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 84
Hello guys, so my 10 month old chameleon Bubba is pregnant, REALLY pregnant. She’s not laying her eggs so I think she’s eggbound. It’s a 6 inch deep, 4 inch wide Tupperware container filled with half sand, half organic potting soil. It’s moist but I don’t think it’s big enough what do you guys think?

Attachments

• C9CD99BD-BB2C-4F37-9FBA-3EB174C06C7E.jpeg
    C9CD99BD-BB2C-4F37-9FBA-3EB174C06C7E.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 76
As others have said, her lay bin needs to be much larger. Has she been making any attempts at digging? Is she eating and basking? If she is staying low in the enclosure, lethargic, not eating/drinking, eyes look sunken in...she’ll need to have to see a vet.

As others have said, her lay bin needs to be much larger. Has she been making any attempts at digging? Is she eating and basking? If she is staying low in the enclosure, lethargic, not eating/drinking, eyes look sunken in...she’ll need to have to see a vet.
Yes she eats and basks, doesn’t eat as much as usual, probably around 5-6 crickets a day, basks, nice green color, no sunken eyes, but there are bumps, i was thinking of taking her to a vet and they can inject her with something that’ll make her lay and take a his way more seriously. She’s my first chameleon and I had no idea how important and specific their habitats/enclosures need to be. Thank you all for the advice but she has a very large 5 gallon plant in her cage I was thinking of taking it out and putting in one just full of sand and soil with some vines to climb around on until she lays is that a good idea? I’m really worried she needs to lay soon all advice is welcome!

She’s also not very lethargic, just isn’t climbing around a lot because she’s pregnant but does she look healthy? I took this photo today

After she lays this clutch, you should greatly reduce how much you feed her to reduce laying frequency and number of eggs produced. Laying greatly shortens our ladies lives so we can try to reduce it. I feed my veiled ladies 3 feeders 3 times a week, with occasional treats. They both laid in Feb/March and while they’ve been receptive a couple of times since then, they haven’t laid. Along with diet, keeping basking temps no higher than 80 is a part of the process.

Back
Top Bottom