praying mantises

jackthejellydragon

Avid Member
so I have been thinking about hatching out some praying mantises in my guys enclosure he is only about 7 months old so I am kind off concerned about one hurting him because if you find a video of a praying mantis hungry it is terrifying. Watch this video its scary.?:unsure:?you might want to fast forward some its a 30 minute long video.

I know that some people feed them and that when they hatch out they would be small. That is why I asked you guys because you may have tried it and had good experience with it or bad.

Go for it, I do it in all my enclosures, including my Kinyongia which are the size of baby Panthers / Veileds. My guys love them - and they dont last long before they’re all eaten up. The absolute largest they have gotten in my enclosure is about an inch long, still very easy to manage for a young cham.

Carolina mantids are smaller than chinese mantids, if there is serious concern, but seriously - they are not going to get large enough to hurt your cham. They need a lot of food and time to reach that size, and your cham will surely eat it long before then.

They are an easy, tasty snack - and it gives my guys a little excitement when they hatch.

4179F4FE-7AEA-4753-8D5D-2EDB281F8ED7.jpeg 5923E1C7-2AD3-4482-A5F6-3A6BAFA405D1.jpeg D94B9180-6D94-4F9C-A71A-E6FB707E4C3B.jpeg BBF94402-48ED-486F-814B-65DC6C5A457A.png 0C42B1EF-C7A5-4261-A4B1-06A96BDD850E.png

Go for it, I do it in all my enclosures, including my Kinyongia which are the size of baby Panthers / Veileds. My guys love them - and they dont last long before they’re all eaten up. The absolute largest they have gotten in my enclosure is about an inch long, still very easy to manage for a young cham.

Carolina mantids are smaller than chinese mantids, if there is serious concern, but seriously - they are not going to get large enough to hurt your cham. They need a lot of food and time to reach that size, and your cham will surely eat it long before then.

They are an easy, tasty snack - and it gives my guys a little excitement when they hatch.

View attachment 278090View attachment 278091View attachment 278092View attachment 278093View attachment 278094

Is that your phone camera or do you have another camera? Your pictures are always so clear!

Just gave him his first discoid from jamest0o0 and I don't know if he liked it or if he hated it. He looked at it for a while and took one it was a little to big but he got it down. But he did not take any more and is ow doing his territory check like always.

Back
Top Bottom