Potting Soil

sassyboots

I just bought some trees to bring into my veiled's enclosure. With the intention of cleaning and re-potting the plants before going in I noticed that the soil i bought says that it is "enriched" with plant food. It says no pesticides. Can i use this soil or should i return it? If i should return it, what kind should i get?

I use organic potting soil. I dont know the brand but it says ORGANIC in huge letters across the top of the bag. I also put some river stones ontop of the dirt so the chams and crickets, cant get into the dirt

I just bought some trees to bring into my veiled's enclosure. With the intention of cleaning and re-potting the plants before going in I noticed that the soil i bought says that it is "enriched" with plant food. It says no pesticides. Can i use this soil or should i return it? If i should return it, what kind should i get?

seems like it has some fertilizers in it.
Unless if it said "Natural" plant food.

I used this one:http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/supersoil-potting-soil-2-cf-p-84858.html?ref=42

make sure you got the one without conditioner.

Last edited:
I used a mix of fully composted soil, and a shovel full of dirt from the yard. Im sure this was teaming with bacteria so I just baked it for an hour. I have yet to have a problem. I just couldnt see buying organic when it was readilly available in my fathers backyard.

It doesn't say natural, so just to be on the safe side i guess i will exchange it for something that i am clear on. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom