Pot size for walls

I know your jesting but seriously u wouldn’t be the first, when I get an idea in my head it’s all I talk about!
its funny, my brother’s recently visited and was noted that we are all just talking over each other on the subjects we are intrested in, so the conversation was Bees, chameleons and fishing, apparently it was funny to listen in on as everyone was speaking over each other and not interested in what the other was saying 😆
Yeah I know what you mean my fiancee is probably fed up listening to me lol . And it always seems like it doesn't matter what people are talking about my head can always find some sort of link to get a chameleon in to the conversation 🤣🤣

The can is for perspective in a 2 inch pot

Attachments

• 20230513_232238.jpg
    20230513_232238.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230513_232227.jpg
    20230513_232227.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 32
The beer cans a nice touch😁
It's empty to give me perspective lol . Like as the op said one of there go 2 plants the spider , it's a fast growing large plant , but imagine if you put that in an 8 inch pot ? 🤔 in my viv 2x2x4 same as yours , soon there while be no room , we can ( not me and you ) determine how our plants grow up down , whatever, that spider was root bound , I didn't repot it I cut the roots down, lol I realy like and had many plants b4 chameleon ,so it's just a matter of making my plants work for me , like look at bonsai, having great healthy plants in a smaller environment than they are used to ,

I used 4 4 inch pots for my pothos. I tried larger plant on floor but found it hard to clean. With the pothos I can wrap my highways some have reached the bottom and I worked them to grow upward again that way I can put coverage everywhere.

It's empty to give me perspective lol . Like as the op said one of there go 2 plants the spider , it's a fast growing large plant , but imagine if you put that in an 8 inch pot ? 🤔 in my viv 2x2x4 same as yours , soon there while be no room , we can ( not me and you ) determine how our plants grow up down , whatever, that spider was root bound , I didn't repot it I cut the roots down, lol I realy like and had many plants b4 chameleon ,so it's just a matter of making my plants work for me , like look at bonsai, having great healthy plants in a smaller environment than they are used to ,
And I say unto ye thou chameleon shall be the death of ye , lmao 🤣

thanks for everyone’s advice, had a little play yesterday with different size pots to see what would sit best,, I can confirm that the winner for me was a 4” square top, but longer than standard like a orchid one I suppose, seemed to sit nice, didn’t want to go bigger and then a load of foam round making it bigger still in a space I feel is small anyway, I’m a man that likes to go large and am already thinking I should have gone bigger with the initial build! But I’ll cut my teeth on this one now and learn from that, but I can tell you now I’ll be working on another sooner rather than later😆 already thinking of what outside aviary I can build for summer days😏

Great thanks , looks a nice big space for him , cool name Reggie, you got another called Ronnie ? 😁
He was just re-homed to me in April, and that's what they had named him. He came from a friend of mine who didn't think she was up to taking care of a chameleon, but she did request I keep his name. My other guy is Turk - also re-homed and I kept his name because I loved watching Scrubs. My last panther is Bortus - I bought him and named him for the Orville character.

Great that you took them in and gave them a home, the names are cool, I keep rescuing cats and name them after Xmen, Raven,storm,Eric,Charles and Logan currently, must stop now but I’m a soft touch like that, I probably care for animals more than some people 😆 dogs are called Rose, cookie and Fred, Fred’s the avatar up until I get my veiled then that will change. Mad dog Murphy was my beloved Doberman, wont be another like him, beautiful animal.

thanks for everyone’s advice, had a little play yesterday with different size pots to see what would sit best,, I can confirm that the winner for me was a 4” square top, but longer than standard like a orchid one I suppose, seemed to sit nice, didn’t want to go bigger and then a load of foam round making it bigger still in a space I feel is small anyway, I’m a man that likes to go large and am already thinking I should have gone bigger with the initial build! But I’ll cut my teeth on this one now and learn from that, but I can tell you now I’ll be working on another sooner rather than later😆 already thinking of what outside aviary I can build for summer days😏
Awesome can't wait to ,

branches cleaned with soap and water and a stiff brush, gave them a dam good scrubbing, that induced a sweat I can tell you, had a little play around yesterday with pot and branch placement before I foam everything in, ended up using a mixture of different shapes and sizes with everyone having a double to slip in after, good shout that idea, bought a thornless bougainvillea for the bottom left, i really like it but my wife says it does not sit well with the others and maybe I should look for something like a Ti plant instead bought a jasmine that will sit at the bottom back and hopefully work it’s way up and across the branches, still need to add more branches maybe? I ran out!
1AB632FA-93C0-4917-8BBD-D423CE728138.png
, still work to be done, affix mesh and hinges to door, top needs cutting out for mesh, cupboard door put on, unit Painted grey, mix up my substrate, etc, slowly getting there.

Back
Top Bottom