Possibly a really dumb question about my Cricket Keeper.

SyCam

This might have been asked before but I couldn't find it immediately during a search so I apologize.

Does anyone know the correct or easiest way to clean out a cricket keeper without getting crickets all over or losing a lot of them?

Or modify storage bins... A bit cheaper. And they are taller if you buy the ones that are like 12 inches so less crickets bouncing everywhere. If you use toilet paper rolls you barely lose any.

Attachments

• IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 71
Also, tap the top, or the sides to knock them back down, and keep doing it to keep them from jumping out. Alternatively you could throw the container in the fridge for a few min for them to go to sleep, then pull them out and quickly clean the cage before they wake up.

I have a big plastic bin. I have two paper towels on each side, so I knock the crickets to one side, take out one paper towel, put new one in, and repeat on other side.

I go through ~100/week, so when "cricket day" comes along, they're either fed or dead, so I just dump the dead ones and clean the keeper out as per instructions. Then I dump/pour in the new batch.

Back
Top Bottom