Possible shedding problem

Kleynie

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is a problem or not to be honest, but thought that it can't hurt to ask anyway. Here's the form:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Zeus, male Nosy be panther, born June 2019.
  • Handling - Every day, when he wants to, he has always been a very sociable boy, although he's not desperate to always be out, which is good.
  • Feeding - 6-8 every other day, staples are locusts and crickets gutloaded with a mixture of leafy greens including collards, spring greens and kale. He also loves his worms and has a wax worm and a morio worm every week.
  • Supplements - All are dusted with proprep calcium, except from the weekly rotation of calcium with D3, and multivitamin, which he gets on weekends. Both of these are exo terra.
  • Watering - Misting every 3 hours, I never see him drink, but can tell he is hydrated from his poop.
  • Fecal Description - Normal, pearl white urate and dark brown poop. He was tested for parasites in April, test was negative.
  • History - Has been previously treated for an overgrowth of yeast, which was related to the poop test in April. Health has been fine otherwise.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - XL reptibreeze, bioactive.
  • Lighting -75W Arcadia halogen heat lamp, with thermostat. 5% reptisun, replaced every 5 months, and a reptisun LED hood, which is kept on white light only, no red. 12 hours on, 12 off.
  • Temperature - Minimum of 20-22C, basking spot is regulated at 31C.
  • Humidity - Drops as low as 40%, goes as high as 70% after misting. Fogger on all night.
  • Plants - 3 Live plants, not sure what they are, but I checked at the times of buying, and all were safe according to both the internet and the local breeder.
  • Placement - In the corner of a room, he can see a window, cage is on a stand.
  • Location - Heathrow area, UK.

Current Problem - He started shedding on Friday on his spines, and since then, this bit of shed has been coming off fine, but it has not spread at all really, only his spines are shedding, he is otherwise normal. Not really sure if this is a cause for concern, as it has never happened before.

Thanks

Hi and welcome your husbandry looks 👍 as I was getting arcadia supplements just got this as well (not reccomending or suggesting)just putting it out there what kind for fogger do you have i run a habistat on full power which is pretty quite until I turn it down to 2 and becomes noisier

Attachments

• 20201208_163329.jpg
    20201208_163329.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 60
Hi and welcome your husbandry looks 👍 as I was getting arcadia supplements just got this as well (not reccomending or suggesting)just putting it out there what kind for fogger do you have i run a habistat on full power which is pretty quite until I turn it down to 2 and becomes noisier
Thanks, I'm only using some cheap Chinese crap off ebay, it's no habistat fogger, but it does the job well.

Lol the habistat is made in China. But anyway I have run a habistat along side a repti fogger and as I just run the habistat on a timer there isn't really a need for the all programs imo. The repti fogger is a no gimic product and produces a higher density of fog on full than the habistat imo the only thing bar looks for a cham enclosure is the water capacity with the habistat. Sometimes you don't always get what you pay for .

Back
Top Bottom