Possible incomplete shedding?

ajs

Avid Member
20200504_180700.jpg

It's hard to tell from this picture (its the best one I could get at the moment) but the colors on my chams tail seem to have been more dull lately. He shed maybe 1-2 weeks ago (while I was at work, so i couldn't see if his tail shed) and he has a couple very small pieces of shed stuck still (one on his eye and one on his spine). My humidity levels tend to be around 40-60% during the day and around 60-70% at night.

Is it possible he did not shed his tail yet?

Edit: he shed 9 days ago

Last edited:
So it is possible that the tail did not shed. He has some size to him. Beautiful boy.
Thank you! I've only had him for almost a month, but he seems to definitely be growing and showing some new colors

20200506_193843.jpg
View attachment 265777
It's hard to tell from this picture (its the best one I could get at the moment) but the colors on my chams tail seem to have been more dull lately. He shed maybe 1-2 weeks ago (while I was at work, so i couldn't see if his tail shed) and he has a couple very small pieces of shed stuck still (one on his eye and one on his spine). My humidity levels tend to be around 40-60% during the day and around 60-70% at night.

Is it possible he did not shed his tail yet?

Edit: he shed 9 days ago
My veiled just went throught the same thing. He shed his tail about a week after he shed everything else.

Reactions: ajs
Oo nice, thank you! You're little fella looks pretty rad
Thank you. Same with yours. Skippy is 9 months now. I was actually worried when i saw what happened and when i started looking for info i saw an old thread from like 2010 on here about the same issue. And like i said not long after that i saw it falling away.

Reactions: ajs
Back
Top Bottom