Possible Growth?

I noticed this bumb on my chameleons nose area today.
It is located on his right side next to the ridge near his eye.
What do you think?

picsofchams058.jpg

picsofchams051.jpg

picsofchams146.jpg

Let us know what you find out! Really nice looking veiled. Lots of turquoise. He seems about as pissy as my 3 year old. lol. How old is he? David

Thats not what I wanted to hear.:(
The vets here a worthless!
Hopefully someone else will tell me what they think.
Is anyone having a problem seeing it?

abcess

did you feel on it at all? If it's an abcess it would feel kind of like how a pimple feels, kind of like a b-b is inside the bump.

Last edited:
It looks like something that one of my little melleri had. In that case it was a problem with the tear duct (can't remember the medical term). Fluid was building up under the skin, probably through a tiny hole in the tear duct. In the case of my melleri there was no infection and the vet was able to drain out the fluid. The vet said it's likely that the tearduct has repaired itself, since the chameleon didn't have any eye problems.
It's still a little bit swollen, but it hasn't caused any problems.

I do think it would be a good idea to take your veiled to a vet since it can get infected.

Suzanne

first off good luck trying to feel his head there.

i believe i have the same thing on mine.
its in the same spot as yours but on the opposite side.
hes had it ever sence i got him.
i dont know what it is, and my vet didnt say anything about it really.
mine hasnt gotten any larger sence he was little so i dont no if its effecting him.

here is a pic of mine.
141.jpg

cham

Just don't be afraid to grab him, you don't need luck. It's important to know what it feels like when describing the situation to your vet or others on the forum when asking for input. If you describe what it feels like, someone with a similar situation as your chameleon may know what's going on.

For example, I thought my chameleon had an abcess on his foot a while back but it turned out to be just soft tissue damage from a fall. It didn't feel like a bead was stuck in the middle of the bump so it makes it a little easier to rule things out.

Back
Top Bottom