Possible Cage Mod Question!

Cberbs90

hai everyone its been a while! I hope you're doing well in these trying times. I have recently put a deposit down on my second chameleon baby which i am very excited about (hes a high white Nosey Faly from New England chameleons) I have a cage for it in its infancy through juvenile stages but when it comes time for him to upgrade I am debating or not if I should just purchase an entirely new big cage from dragon stand or mod my large atrium into two separate cages by putting a divider into the middle. This would utilize the light fixture for both and then i would just need an additional basking light on the other side. The Large Atrium Enclosure measures 46.75″ wide x 23″ deep x 48″ . Just thought I would get some opinions!

Attached is my cage and my 2 and half year old I've had since he was 3 months old (also my first) (also i never handle him in case there was worries about this, he just felt like coming out to me strangely when i took this picture :)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PXL_20201203_192610372.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20201203_192610372.PORTRAIT.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20201005_233626708.jpg
    PXL_20201005_233626708.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 77
Beautiful Cham! And enclosure! Personally, I would get another atrium if you have the room. If you divide it you will have to deal with your oldest readjusting to a smaller space. That can become stressful...@beman had a problem with one of her chams when she tried to put him in a larger enclosure. All of mine were stressed when I moved them too. Although it only lasted a couple of weeks but they are all settled in larger enclosures. Bigger is always better when it comes to cages.

Beautiful Cham! And enclosure! Personally, I would get another atrium if you have the room. If you divide it you will have to deal with your oldest readjusting to a smaller space. That can become stressful...@beman had a problem with one of her chams when she tried to put him in a larger enclosure. All of mine were stressed when I moved them too. Although it only lasted a couple of weeks but they are all settled in larger enclosures. Bigger is always better when it comes to cages.

Thanks for the reply! I do have the space but since covid i might not have the funds for something as extravagant as another atrium ( the idea being utilize all the high end equipment already in use and save on cost ) but i do fear what you mentioned for sure which is why im hesitant to do so. Plus the idea of cheaping out on this new guy isnt right or how i usually like to play things.

I may end up just getting one of these
https://dragonstrand.com/product/tall-hybrid-chameleon-cage-system/
to try a different style of cage as well (little cheaper then the massive atrium haha)

You’re welcome! I totally understand these guys are not cheap lol! I think with any Dragon strand set up, you can’t go wrong. You’ve done a spectacular job with your other one!

Back
Top Bottom