Poor girl.

@Angelwolf If you want her buy her. The tail is a common injury. I shut the door in a young gracilior's tail and he lost about an inch. It happens. It will just dry up and fall off. I'm sure you could get a huge discount for the tail.

What kind of dogs did you breed? I used to breed Shelties and mini Dachshunds. Loved showing dogs!
The best they would do would be 10% which would have been only $8 off. That just tells me that the only thing they really care about is $$.

I bred, and showed Standard Wire Doxies! And I also did agility with one of my girls!

Thats exactly correct,the power of visual sympathy is greater than me n u can imagine.
A recent study claimed that something like 75-80 % of pet shop animal sales were due to customer pity and their attempt to rescue the creature from abuse. The corporations count on this. They don't care where your heart is. Every time you buy you reward their corporate scheme. Now if you can't walk away, approach them about her bad condition and offer a token amount to take her...if they agree, you still took away part of their incentive.

The best they would do would be 10% which would have been only $8 off. That just tells me that the only thing they really care about is $$.

I bred, and showed Standard Wire Doxies! And I also did agility with one of my girls!

I love the wires! How long ago were you in Dachshunds?

This is a puppy I bred.
Dach43.jpg

I love the wires! How long ago were you in Dachshunds?

This is a puppy I bred.
Dach43.jpg
Very pretty girl! I am going to have to see if I can find some pics. We got into the doxies in 2000. We got into the breed because of their tracking abilities of wounded game. Ours were working dogs.

IMG_20170126_131943.jpg
Here is my daughter and the boy I have now. He was a very lucky, almost God-sent, find from the local humane society. It's a long story. And my dad still has the boy I showed. It might take me a day or two, but I will find some pics from the ring.

Meh pet stores shouldnt sell pets.

I think its a far stretch to believe pet stores keep the animal in sub optimal conditions on purpose just to increase turn over.

Kinda curious. Who then should sell pets? If not the pet stores, then who? Also if the stores don't sell some kinds of pets, they don't provide a place for companies to sell their equipment, that would mean there is no incentive to do research to say create that UVB 5.0 bulb that many need.

The whole process is a huge circle is my point, so yes, pet stores should sell pets but I know from experience that some don't put the effort or resources into keeping an animal healthy.

Many people who sell animals, have the flipper mentality. That is... they buy it to flip it for a profit and the more work they put into the animal takes away from that profit.

This is not rocket science either.

Kinda curious. Who then should sell pets? If not the pet stores, then who? Also if the stores don't sell some kinds of pets, they don't provide a place for companies to sell their equipment, that would mean there is no incentive to do research to say create that UVB 5.0 bulb that many need.

The whole process is a huge circle is my point, so yes, pet stores should sell pets but I know from experience that some don't put the effort or resources into keeping an animal healthy.

Many people who sell animals, have the flipper mentality. That is... they buy it to flip it for a profit and the more work they put into the animal takes away from that profit.

This is not rocket science either.

Breeders can and do buy ads on the walls of the pet stores around here. They are in a much better position to take care of the animals vs the pet shop employee who has little experience and it may be their first job. You could have a very decked out display with all the materials needed for the new pet, at the shop. I think the pet shops are doing themselves a disservice by not using products they sell in the cages of the pets. At no point in the last 20 years could i buy the setup the pet was housed in. They didnt sell the light fixtures, they didnt sell the misters and cages or even the humidity gauges.

Its like going into a car dealership and realizing you can not buy the nice wax, or custom options on the car, those are only for dealerships.

Breeders can and do buy ads on the walls of the pet stores around here. They are in a much better position to take care of the animals vs the pet shop employee who has little experience and it may be their first job. You could have a very decked out display with all the materials needed for the new pet, at the shop. I think the pet shops are doing themselves a disservice by not using products they sell in the cages of the pets. At no point in the last 20 years could i buy the setup the pet was housed in. They didnt sell the light fixtures, they didnt sell the misters and cages or even the humidity gauges.

Its like going into a car dealership and realizing you can not buy the nice wax, or custom options on the car, those are only for dealerships.

Wow. "At no point in the last 20 years could i buy the set up the pet was housed in." You were/are shopping at shitty stores if that is true. I always made it a point of having the same equipment I used on the animals be available on the shelf. Mater of fact, nearly every store I've been too in California does the same, it's called good marketing and common sense. I suggest you let the store(s) you described just go out of business. That or something about what you are describing is off.

Breeders for profit can be worse than the stores sometimes. They too, like a pet store, have to be screened.

I thought I lived in cave....

Back
Top Bottom