Poop

kylocats

LOL How often should a baby veil poop? My has not since Sunday.. Do I need to worry? Yes she is eating.

Make sure to keep an eye on the issue. If a chameleon is properly hydrated, and fed....it should have no problem pooping everyday.

Since this topic was brought up, my male when two days with poop that had no white in it, but he is misted countless times a day! what up with that??

Thanks,
Jake

Sometimes lizards like that drink but dont urinate everytime they poop, i had this problem with one of my bearded dragons and I just kept an eye on him for a few days and I called the vet and he said that sometimes there urine is clear and thats because they have a mixed up diet...

In my experience chameleons rarely skip a day ...especially young ones.
Additionally they tend to go in almost the exact same spot at close to the same time everyday.
Skipping one or two days is probably no big deal, but more than that and I would start to be a bit concerned.
Heavy misting with warm water will often induce a movement.
Is there substrate in the enclosure?
Are you feeding mealworms?

-Brad

In my experience chameleons rarely skip a day ...especially young ones.
Additionally they tend to go in almost the exact same spot at close to the same time everyday.
Skipping one or two days is probably no big deal, but more than that and I would start to be a bit concerned.
Heavy misting with warm water will often induce a movement.
Is there substrate in the enclosure?
Are you feeding mealworms?

-Brad
No there is no sbstrate in her enclosure. I just have paper towel down which I am changing everysecond night. I offered her two mealworms a few days ago but she did not eat them. I am thinking of ordering some silkworms for her. Up till now she has only eaten crickets. I have some swiss chard clothespinned to a leave on the side of the cage.... I have been spraying her about 5 times a day.. She seems to hate it.. I do not spray her directly just inot the cage and she hisses big time..... If I get silkworms for her is there anything I should know about keeping them?
Thanks in advance

Cammy finally had a poop LOL and like Brad said it was in the same spot. I am just a new chameleon owner who wants to do the best for her.I Always say of my pets that they are pretty lucky at my place. it is like being in heaven. I do whatever they need for a happy life. I have a fish pnd out side , fish tank in the house , a cat and a dog and in the process of getting some budgies LOL.I am just happy to have found this forum and thank everyone for making me feel welcome and helping with my newbie questions. My new pet peeve is that the pet store do not know anything about chameleons.
Lucky for Cammy I have a new cage coming from FL Chams. 24x24x48... Next thing I am getting is a misting system. I am thinking of getting Pro.products.
any other ideas for Cammy and I am open to ideas. Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom