Poop check please.

KillRyan

pretty new to this so i was wondering if someone could let me know if this looks healthy.. the urate is usually kinda dry but not orange. the only time i see her drink is from the actual dripper lol it’s pretty funny but i do provide a lot of hydration for her and the brown part is always pretty runny so. thanks in advance!
4F46F334-9AEC-4EC1-9EE1-7CF91050E516.jpeg

It has a little more mucous then I would like to see on the fecal. I agree with taking in a fresh fecal to a reptile vet for testing. If it comes back positive for parasites they would need to see her. Call around and see who will run the fecal test. Urate is about 50% orange and that is still considered hydrated.

It has a little more mucous then I would like to see on the fecal. I agree with taking in a fresh fecal to a reptile vet for testing. If it comes back positive for parasites they would need to see her. Call around and see who will run the fecal test. Urate is about 50% orange and that is still considered hydrated.
she has an appointment tomorrow thanks for your help :)

she has an appointment tomorrow thanks for your help :)
And all may be fine. Just make sure you take in that fecal. They literally need to run the fecal test only. They should not be doing anything to her other then getting a weight. She looks physically healthy though. But with parasite issues they hide outward signs. So it is always a good idea to get it tested just to be sure it is clear.

And all may be fine. Just make sure you take in that fecal. They literally need to run the fecal test only. They should not be doing anything to her other then getting a weight. She looks physically healthy though. But with parasite issues they hide outward signs. So it is always a good idea to get it tested just to be sure it is clear.
yup I have the fecal scheduled. (they won’t do fecal without introductory appointment)

yup I have the fecal scheduled. (they won’t do fecal without introductory appointment)
That can be normal. Just make sure they do not try to give vitamin shots etc... I do not know what their level of experience is with a chameleon but we have seen some situations where the vet simply does not know the animal and decides to do stuff that should not be done.

That can be normal. Just make sure they do not try to give vitamin shots etc... I do not know what their level of experience is with a chameleon but we have seen some situations where the vet simply does not know the animal and decides to do stuff that should not be done.
this one was well recommended but ok cool i will keep all of this in mind regardless. but they are an exotic reptile vet so i have faith thank you again :)

Thank you wanted to say we got back from our appointment. They took her stool sample and weighed her the doc also checker her body for sessions I think she said and checked her mouth. The vet handled her kinda poorly and I was going to say something but she only held her for about a minute. She was racing to try and get back to me though it was kinda cute. Still mad and won't go again but glad they took the stool sample and I should have results by Monday. Thanks again!

Thank you wanted to say we got back from our appointment. They took her stool sample and weighed her the doc also checker her body for sessions I think she said and checked her mouth. The vet handled her kinda poorly and I was going to say something but she only held her for about a minute. She was racing to try and get back to me though it was kinda cute. Still mad and won't go again but glad they took the stool sample and I should have results by Monday. Thanks again!
Good. I am glad that they did not do anything else. Now they should not have to see her if they need to provide meds. Let us know if anything comes back on the fecal if it does you want to know exactly what the parasite is and what med they want to treat with. :)

Back
Top Bottom