Plz help!!!

BarbieB

I took a female veil chameleon with mbd from someone in July of last year cause she was on the verge of death (I have a pic of her that day) within a couple of weeks I had her healthier. She’s been doin amazing the past year I’ve had here but for a lil more then a week now all she’s had to eat is 1 wax worm and just won’t eat. Some days she drinks really well and others I have to force a few drops. Can someone let me know what I can do??? Thanks 🥲
9437AB34-6CEE-44DD-A390-0AB857F5EEDA.jpeg
64B12195-EDF4-4D87-9FD6-338811ADC10D.jpeg
D3D3023A-7456-457F-8991-7CAA18EAD425.jpeg

The first pic is when I took her, the second one I took in April of this year and the last one I just took now.

Please fill this up and post it back here!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

The last pic is the only colour she’s been for a lil more then a week now.
Right... Which indicates eggs... They lay infertile eggs. Her MBD is quite advanced. Digging and even passing eggs may be impossible. Females with MBD of this extent typically do not survive egg laying because they become egg bound. :( The only option is finding a good reptile vet and get her in to get spayed. You want one that has performed the surgery successfully because surgery has its own risks.

Right... Which indicates eggs... They lay infertile eggs. Her MBD is quite advanced. Digging and even passing eggs may be impossible. Females with MBD of this extent typically do not survive egg laying because they become egg bound. :( The only option is finding a good reptile vet and get her in to get spayed. You want one that has performed the surgery successfully because surgery has its own risks.
Really? Ok, I’ll see if I can find one. The vet I take her too isn’t good for that. I take her there for vitamin injections and physicals.

I was told last year she was 11 months but to be honest I don’t think they really know. I don’t know much about reptiles but I couldn’t see her die like that and that’s why I took her to see if I could get her healthier, I know her MBD is really bad and was told they also had dropped her once but still wanted to tried.

Really? Ok, I’ll see if I can find one. The vet I take her too isn’t good for that. I take her there for vitamin injections and physicals.
This link will help you find one https://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661

And yes really. It is a very sad side to females with MBD. It compromises their ability to lay the eggs.

Doing the husbandry review would be helpful as well. Just because if she is not able to climb well making adjustments to that cage will be really helpful. Also ensuring she has the right UVB. Look up Sweet Pea on Facebook and private message her. She rehabbed Sweet Pea. She could also give you helpful tips.

There's a few things that you can improve in the cage, first thing would be to have live plants and remove the fake ones, veiled chameleons are known for being plant-eaters and if she would ingest a piece of plastic she would no be able to digest it. Some safe plants that work very well are Pothos, Umbrella tree (schefflera) and hibiscus.

Another improvement would be to replace the green carpet (even though it looks very clean) it might grow bacteria.

Please fill up the form asap.

Back
Top Bottom