Please help, maybe dehydration?

Qbear05

Lately as in the past couple days my chameleons health has been declining rapidly, his eyes are sunken in, he’s losing weight, and is sleeping ALL day. I don’t know what to do, he has been drinking (not yet today though) and yesterday i got him to eat a couple king worms. I also took him to the vet to get him checked out and they said he has pinworms and gave him medicine and fluids for the dehydration. they said he was meant to perk up a little within 24 hours but here we are at the 24 hour mark and he still seems really bad. Any thoughts? I’m so worried about him.. DBF90F60-9D96-414F-B627-BD385AA6AF3C.jpeg before vet (mostly just sleeping and acting off and skinny with slightly sunken eyes) 0FE7CB80-FE97-4667-ADF0-494AED9AD453.jpeg after.. (today)

Attachments

• FC71629D-5A88-4D1E-B8F6-32DAA37B8A76.jpeg
    FC71629D-5A88-4D1E-B8F6-32DAA37B8A76.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 66
yeah i will, where do i find it again? sorry.
Um I'm not really sure, I just took screen shots so I have it. These are the questions if it helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201024-121003_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024-121003_Chrome.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20201024-120955_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024-120955_Chrome.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 47
Copy/Paste this and provide your answers in a response.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful

it’s a mesh cage, dimensions are 2ft -3ft-1/12ft. he’s using a heat bulb that puts his basking spot i think around 85 degrees, with 12 hours on, 12 hours off everyday. the cool spot being around 70 degrees. it doesn’t ever drop below 68 at night. i have a fogger running on the cool side of the enclosure for around a quarter to half of the day with a dripper running all day and i mist him around twice a day. i use live plants, one an umbrella and the other a pothos. his enclosure is suspended on a table a couple feet off the ground and i live in Idaho soooo kinda dry desert climate which is why i try so hard with the humidity. and the only thing his cage is next to is my window for natural sunlight. he is a 1 and a half year old panther chameleon (male). and i handle him whenever he wants out, usually 4 times a week or less (just to put him in a different area outside of his cage although he enjoys being held and comes out willingly) i feed him mostly crickets with light king worms dusted with vitamins and calcium and they’re all gutfed. (i use repashy for vitamins and calcium stuff) and his poop is normal apart from the urates which have been a little yellow/orange lately (dehydration) and he hasn’t had any issues up until now.

Copy/Paste this and provide your answers in a response.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful
i did not see this until i posted that sorry

just an update.. sadly he passed away last night nothing we could do after three vet visits all resulting in no help they were as confused as we were.. so... don’t bother responding if you had any ideas.

Back
Top Bottom