Please help, concerning movement and behavior!!

He probably will not touch the dubia unless they are in a feeder with the crickets... I am sure he has never seen dubia before. Most breeders feed crickets.

This is why most of us will use a feeder run of some kind. I like both the tk chameleons shooting gallery and the full throttle feeder.

You have to load it with feeders the first week so they understand that is where they all are. THen they see constant movement.

And they should be very small feeders. Tongs are very dangerous with chams if they hit the tong and you pull back you could permanently damage their tongue.

Was the fecal test negative for parasites?
The dubia are in our current feeder with the crickets so he sees them but he may just be confused.

We have a large feeder run coming in tomorrow! We ordered it before we ordered him but then it got delayed. Right now we are using a small tupperware that the bugs do not escape from. We hang it underneath his main walkway in different places depending on where he sleeps at night as to not scare or stress him early in the morning. He definitely sees/investigates the feeders and can see movement in but the bugs cant.

The feeders are all less than the width of his head.

And by the time we got to our vet on Monday the fecal sample was too dry, we see them again tomorrow and the following Monday for another antibiotic/follow up and will do our best to get a better sample then.

The dubia are in our current feeder with the crickets so he sees them but he may just be confused.

We have a large feeder run coming in tomorrow! We ordered it before we ordered him but then it got delayed. Right now we are using a small tupperware that the bugs do not escape from. We hang it underneath his main walkway in different places depending on where he sleeps at night as to not scare or stress him early in the morning. He definitely sees/investigates the feeders and can see movement in but the bugs cant.

The feeders are all less than the width of his head.

And by the time we got to our vet on Monday the fecal sample was too dry, we see them again tomorrow and the following Monday for another antibiotic/follow up and will do our best to get a better sample then.
Where did you get this baby from?

Can you post a picture of how you have the feeder tub set up? When they are small their tongues are too so if it is too deep they sometimes will not even try.

Can you post a picture of how you have the feeder tub set up? When they are small their tongues are too so if it is too deep they sometimes will not even try.
We got him from lllreptiles

Here’s is a picture of the feeder, sorry it’s not the best quality it is off of our camera and I’m not home to take a better picture.

Attachments

• 4CFB6E73-5E74-42E9-9DF4-ECD816AABE1E.png
    4CFB6E73-5E74-42E9-9DF4-ECD816AABE1E.png
    549.3 KB · Views: 69

Here’s is a picture of the feeder, sorry it’s not the best quality it is off of our camera and I’m not home to take a better picture.

Due to where you got him I would get a fecal run asap to make sure your not dealing with a parasite issue.
You want that little tub to be right below the branch not hanging beneath it that far.

Due to where you got him I would get a fecal run asap to make sure your not dealing with a parasite issue.
You want that little tub to be right below the branch not hanging beneath it that far.
Great I will adjust it today, we will be bringing a fecal sample with us on our next appointment! Thanks again for all of the advice it had been very helpful

Back
Top Bottom