Plant Survival

Singularity

Hi I have a plant in with my chameleon and it seems to be dieing. I water it once weekly. I think itsa Hibiscus plant. But can the plant survive off the lighting provided for my chameleon?

I don't own a hibiscus, however I believe they require more light than most of the other commonly used live plants for chameleons. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's reccommend to give the plant real sunlight every once in awhile. Or I think other people suggest getting a 6500 K light bulb in addition to the other lighting for your chameleon. The 6500 K bulb will not have a negative effect on your chameleon.

Hi I have a plant in with my chameleon and it seems to be dieing. I water it once weekly. I think itsa Hibiscus plant. But can the plant survive off the lighting provided for my chameleon?

I use a lot of hibiscus in my enclosures.
I also sell and recommend them at reptile expos ...
they are a high light requirement plant.
I use double tube fixtures over all my enclosures with 1 Reptisun 5.0 tube and one Phillips plant light tube.
This arrangement provides enough light for hibiscus.
They also like water ... maybe water twice a week.

-Brad

Just go to lowes, home depot, walmart, or some other hardware store and buy a plant light. It will help keep it alive a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom