Plant question

Cahill06

Hi all I searched the forums and can't seem to find an answer.
Currently making a new setup and got some ficus pumila. I'm going to place potters in the great stuff background just not sure of placement.
Should I place them higher in cage and the grow down or do the vines grow upwards?

Personally, I don’t have any experience with this plant, but I know you can ‘tame’ it to go upwards if I’m the bottom. How big is yours? I think @Gingero has one in her new enclosure but I’m not positive.

Mine is a tiny baby right now. But I put it on the bottom with the intention of having it grow upwards through the dragon strand ledges and branches I have in there.

Attachments

• 2FD89478-D7BD-43C8-8C6B-FFE0FCA3BD50.jpeg
    2FD89478-D7BD-43C8-8C6B-FFE0FCA3BD50.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 52
Mine is a tiny baby right now. But I put it on the bottom with the intention of having it grow upwards through the dragon strand ledges and branches I have in there.
My local Lowe’s has some pretty big ones and I wanted to do something similar but I have a huge Hawaiian ti in there and I don’t think it’ll fit ?

Hah I went ahead and put them at the top I was impatient and wanted to start..they are small baby plants so hopefully they will just drop as they are doing in their pot. My set up is 18*18*36 I put to pots like a third of the way up in the foam and I'm going to have an umbrella plant as my main center plant.
How are yours growing gringo? Any tips on care?

Mine are smaller then yours..just picked them up at a local reptile and plant store.

Attachments

• 15903572382061423247180945972900.jpg
    15903572382061423247180945972900.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 86
My local Lowe’s has some pretty big ones and I wanted to do something similar but I have a huge Hawaiian ti in there and I don’t think it’ll fit ?
Hawaiian Ti's for the win ?
Hah I went ahead and put them at the top I was impatient and wanted to start..they are small baby plants so hopefully they will just drop as they are doing in their pot. My set up is 18*18*36 I put to pots like a third of the way up in the foam and I'm going to have an umbrella plant as my main center plant.
How are yours growing gringo? Any tips on care?
I have a Jungle Dawn LED to help with plant growth. I've only had it for a couple weeks but I'm already seeing new leaves. Hard to tell how much it is growing when I stare at it all day hehe

Hawaiian Ti's for the win ?

I have a Jungle Dawn LED to help with plant growth. I've only had it for a couple weeks but I'm already seeing new leaves. Hard to tell how much it is growing when I stare at it all day hehe
Haha yeh I'm doing the same, treating like my kids.. really have high hopes for the setup..figure let it grow in for a few months and then hunt for a chameleon ha.

Jacksons are great but are a little harder to care for if that helps your decision. I have a male jackson, very docile. Love his horns.

Yeh I had a Jackson for 3wks made the mistake of getting it from Petco. Lost the little guy but he was great and definitely love the horns.
Just recently started liking the Panthers just some amazing colors.

Back
Top Bottom