Pimp my Java tree

Rufi0

Established Member
A little update on Nosy's free range. Before I left England I tried to sell Nosy's Java tree play stand in the classifieds as I thought it was too big and bulky to take in the car to Austria. Here is a picture of it as it was back home.

DSC_0027_zpslcj8woxa.jpg

Nobody in the UK was interested in buying it so I decided to smuggle it in my car in place of my girlfriend's electric clothes dryer stand (I managed to survive my girlfriend's wrath.) When I was in England I could never find a Golden Pothos and to my surprise when I first went into a Garden Center in Vienna to pick up a Schefflera there they were, beautiful Epipremnum aureum trained around Moss poles. They call them "Efeutute" over here.

Just bought one today and I've now trained the vines around the Java Tree, liana's and artificial jungle vines, turning a bunch of dead branches into a living 4ft Pothos wall :D I also bought a plant caddy so I can move it around gently if Nosy is on it and I need to move it. The artificial vine that is coming out of the Pothos wall that resembles an umbilical cord is the bridge which i anchor to the inside of Nosy's enclosure so he can come and go between the two as he pleases. Can't wait for the tree to really grow and fill out.

That turned out really cool... The DIY projects members come up with on here are awesome and inspiring...

Back
Top Bottom