Picked up my Veideds today

lotus02

After a very long day I can finally rest.:rolleyes:
Left this morning at 7:30 to get my new buddies. I got there the seller had everything and everyone packed up ready for their 2hr trip home. This is where the fun started, he placed both Chams on the porch at 7c out side then went back in the house and handed all their stuff over. Hubby was trying to get the poor chams in the car so they wouldn't freeze. I asked when they last had calcium and vitamins he said only calcium thats all maybe a few days ago. By this time I'm just going humm , I was made to feel these cham were extremely well looked after. Now i thinking they maybe not. The male is 2 years and the female is 4 years , yes I know she is old but they came as a package deal.
Actually very good deal :
2 Chameleons
2/ 100gal cages
A ton of vines and plants
Misting system
All lighting
Total price $150

Both very sweet neither one minded climbing on my hand.
So I get home and it took me almost 3 hours to clean their cages plants and vines. Another 2hrs to set it all back up. Now I have to get the on a proper dusting regiment, this is what was recommended to me:
Calcium (no D3) x3 a week
Calcium with D3 x2 a month
Vitamin x2 a month
Now is this ok ? If not let me know what would be best.

Oh and both took a silkworm from my hand so sweet.:)

Calcium (no D3) x3 a week
Calcium with D3 x2 a month
Vitamin x2 a month

I agree perfect.

What kind of lighting came with your chams and how old are the UVB bulbs?

The best of luck with your ned babies!

UVB tube bulb he said he thinks he got them in March this year.
I can't see the make of the other bulb but it's a blue basking bulb.

For basking you only need a regular house hold bulb.....probably 60 watt. The UVB bulbs last about 6 months. If you don't have a UVB meter to check it I would recommend replacing them now.

For basking you only need a regular house hold bulb.....probably 60 watt. The UVB bulbs last about 6 months. If you don't have a UVB meter to check it I would recommend replacing them now.

Yea we kinda knew about the bulb thing, have to make a trip to town tomorrow so I'll get the new bulbs then. I'm glad they aren't a $100 a piece like my fish tank.

Thanks I bought the same brand for my oldest and his ugly, mean lizard he rescued (something plated), always tried to eat me would even jump at the tank when you walked up.

I'll try and get pics up later today.
Question is it odd for veileds to be really friendly? Mine climb to the front of the cage a when ever I'm near. When I feed they climb on my hand.

Back
Top Bottom