Petspioneer/repti zoo thermo-hygrostat timer

chaneycore

Hello,
Has anybody had any experience with these tools? I bought one to help keep my Jackson’s chameleon in best health but I’ve noticed an issue when I plugged it in.
I tried to contact product support, but of course, it doesn’t exist.
My issue is this:
I have it connected to an ExoTerra Monsoon (I know, a pile of garbage, but it’s what I got right now) when attempting to set the monsoon to either “on” or cycle, the timer system does not turn the monsoon off once it reaches humidity. Instead, it leaves the monsoon on continuously. When I set it to cycle on the monsoon, it just runs and turns off and then runs a few minutes later.

I have tried using the basic “tropical” setting and I have also tried setting my own settings to see if I could notice a difference in behavior, but nothing.

My thought is that there HAS to be something that isn’t communication correctly here.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Petspioneer and Repti Zoo part number THC15

I do not have any specific knowledge of the product you are using to control it. But the Monsoons have internal timing device that does not play well with external devices being attached to it. You are kinda just stuck with the settings on the monsoon.

I also have a reptirain, do you think this will behave similarly?
Yeah I do... It has the same internal timing functions. Are you setting it to a product that turns it on when the humidity drops? I tried googling what your using... Looks like the petspioneer is a fogger? and the other is an external control like this

Yeah, looking at the timer (which seems to have different stamps on it depending on the company that bought it). Seems like this will likely work best with a MistKing (my next purchase). For now, I will continue to use the base timers, since it seems they conflict with the timer controller.

I thought maybe having the continuous on would make it work better, but I guess that's shot too.

Yeah, looking at the timer (which seems to have different stamps on it depending on the company that bought it). Seems like this will likely work best with a MistKing (my next purchase). For now, I will continue to use the base timers, since it seems they conflict with the timer controller.

I thought maybe having the continuous on would make it work better, but I guess that's shot too.
Are you running a fogger during the day?

The pets pioneer is the fogger I use, it has it’s own cycles, to use it with external control you have to set it to always on. I will include pick.
The other thing is, if it Is new make sure you remove the foam, in the lower part. It is just for shipping.
Once filled make sure water is passing to lower part. There is a little valve. I had to jiggle it a bit.
But I am very happy with it.

settings, upper left is “0” pic is not the best.
300F3784-6452-4768-8CDE-9F2917FF5883.jpeg

bottom part, the white thing is a float that needs to move, that is where the foam is.
9B5335CE-C643-4045-8BD9-EF8D9483F5C4.jpeg

Their directions are crap.
It doesn’t really explain the settings,
So upper left is how long it will run per cycle. There are six cycles period. The upper right is how long between cycles.
Lower right is how much fog.

It is odd and not straight forward.
Run. Time 0 is always on.

Their directions are crap.
It doesn’t really explain the settings,
So upper left is how long it will run per cycle. There are six cycles period. The upper right is how long between cycles.
Lower right is how much fog.

It is odd and not straight forward.
Run. Time 0 is always on.
My hope was that if I left it in “0”, the timer would kick it off when it senses the humidity is within range (likely closer to upper threshold) however, it just stays on instead of actually kicking off.
What sucks, is that the pump gives off really nice fine mist, but being incompatible with the timer is a huge negative for me.

I’ve read that fogging during the day can cause respiratory issues, yet I see a few people who do it. Any opinions on that?

My hope was that if I left it in “0”, the timer would kick it off when it senses the humidity is within range (likely closer to upper threshold) however, it just stays on instead of actually kicking off.
What sucks, is that the pump gives off really nice fine mist, but being incompatible with the timer is a huge negative for me.

I’ve read that fogging during the day can cause respiratory issues, yet I see a few people who do it. Any opinions on that?

On the controller, I just use a timer. It specifically says it can be used with humidity control, so it should.

Fog in the day is not great. Veiled need to dry a bit in the day. That said, I like to watch the fog, so I run couple hours going into lights out. Then 3 to 7 am. This pretty closely matches the weather in their area of Yemen.

On the controller, I just use a timer. It specifically says it can be used with humidity control, so it should.

Fog in the day is not great. Veiled need to dry a bit in the day. That said, I like to watch the fog, so I run couple hours going into lights out. Then 3 to 7 am. This pretty closely matches the weather in their area of Yemen.
Yeah, I’ve got a Jackson’s and I understand they’re more or less subtropical. My little George likes it wetter than typical for a Jackson’s, and I haven’t pinpointed a heat level he likes, but they’re all so wonky that you really have to toy with their settings to get it just right for them. And then hope to god you don’t move lol.

I wonder what about fogging causes the respiratory infection. Is it just that it isn’t dry enough?

Yeah, I’ve got a Jackson’s and I understand they’re more or less subtropical. My little George likes it wetter than typical for a Jackson’s, and I haven’t pinpointed a heat level he likes, but they’re all so wonky that you really have to toy with their settings to get it just right for them. And then hope to god you don’t move lol.

I wonder what about fogging causes the respiratory infection. Is it just that it isn’t dry enough?
The thing about fogging and having lights on is that it creates Hot wet air that they are breathing in. This is what creates a respiratory infection. When you fog and there are no lights on and the cage is at its very coolest (typically should be below 70 degrees) this ends up being cool wet air... So it is the act of heating the moist air.

Hmmm :unsure: So I focus on Yemen(Veileds), so it is different. There are more Jackson experts than me, I will try and find them for you. I do not want to lead you wrong.

The thing about fogging and having lights on is that it creates Hot wet air that they are breathing in. This is what creates a respiratory infection. When you fog and there are no lights on and the cage is at its very coolest (typically should be below 70 degrees) this ends up being cool wet air... So it is the act of heating the moist air.

Thank you. @Beman do know who is the Jacksons person on the forum? I don't want to give veiled advice for a Jackson. The Fog thing you mention I think is across the board for all chams correct?

Thank you. @Beman do know who is the Jacksons person on the forum? I don't want to give veiled advice for a Jackson. The Fog thing you mention I think is across the board for all chams correct?
Yes... You should never fog directly into an enclosure during the day when lights are on. However if one needs to up ambient humidity in a room that the cage is in you can add a cool mist room humidifier to the room. This increases ambient humidity without having the fog pour into a cage.

Our resident Jackson expert is @JacksJill
@chaneycore This would be the person that can assist you in husbandry aspects so if you post a help thread with a help form filled out she would be the person we would tag in to go over everything. Their care is quite specific.

Yes... You should never fog directly into an enclosure during the day when lights are on. However if one needs to up ambient humidity in a room that the cage is in you can add a cool mist room humidifier to the room. This increases ambient humidity without having the fog pour into a cage.

Our resident Jackson expert is @JacksJill
@chaneycore This would be the person that can assist you in husbandry aspects so if you post a help thread with a help form filled out she would be the person we would tag in to go over everything. Their care is quite specific.
Oh awesome. Thank you so much!!

Back
Top Bottom