Pet contest

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
Carly has been apart of the pet app Zoopix for a couple of months now. They have pet shows every week and she doesn't do bad considering the amount of users!

Screenshot_20210424-163948.png

I wouldn't think it's mistreating the beardie by putting a hat on it but beardies sound like very curious creatures so they probably don't mind it. 🤷

I try not to get into that whole dressing up a lizard Con-Sub.
I do have concerns about the harnesses in areas where predators may lurk.
(There are a lot of raptors where I live—hawks, falcons, owls, buzzards...)
One of my worst imaginings might be getting into a tug-o-war with a raptor or other predator with the beardie in its mouth/claws, and the owner hanging on to the leash.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103698

I think a safer way is to use an enclosure—one that's heavy enough or anchored so that a predator can't grab & take off with the whole thing.

Just my opinion.

I try not to get into that whole dressing up a lizard Con-Sub.
I do have concerns about the harnesses in areas where predators may lurk.
(There are a lot of raptors where I live—hawks, falcons, owls, buzzards...)
One of my worst imaginings might be getting into a tug-o-war with a raptor or other predator with the beardie in its mouth/claws, and the owner hanging on to the leash.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103698

I think a safer way is to use an enclosure—one that's heavy enough or anchored so that a predator can't grab & take off with the whole thing.

Just my opinion.
I used to worry that a good sized raptor would take my little shih tzu when she was in the yard. I made Spike a well protected outside enclosure and I stay outside when I put him in it. Even the 2 times I was able to get his harness on him, I was afraid he’s Houdini out of it.

I used to worry that a good sized raptor would take my little shih tzu when she was in the yard. I made Spike a well protected outside enclosure and I stay outside when I put him in it. Even the 2 times I was able to get his harness on him, I was afraid he’s Houdini out of it.
:LOL: We always buy a new seatbelt for each dog we've had. It always worked out well until our current "genius". No matter how we adjust or modify it, he somehow wiggles his way out of it every single time—but never while anyone is watching, so we don't know how he does it. It's hilarious, mystifying, & infuriating—all at the same time. Buckle him in—he's fine. Then turn around for a few seconds, and when we look back again, there he sits—free of the belt/harness—looking all innocent-like. :rolleyes:

"What?".... "Who, me?" 🐶🐕‍🦺

Back
Top Bottom