parsons

True! I hold my head in shame.:( with what happens in the pet trade on a daily basis. I'm committed to this species. And with patience ( lots of patience ) and research, hopefully comes progress.

Whilst I have upmost respect for your obvious commitment towards the species, I also feel gutted that you knowingly support the smuggling of a banned export from such a torn stricken country. It gives the impresion you support what the smugglers stand for and therefore, there is no wonder the wildlife of Madagascar is in such turmoil. Have you ever wondered if the likes of yourself did not support the ban, that by now there would be many captive bread examples for all to enjoy?

Ya know after reading some of the posts I think people might be under the assumption that most of the Parson entering the US are from WC females. I want to let you know that I do know of a few facilities over seas that are breeding them just fine.

I've heard of a number of people claiming to be breeding them but none recently that can offer any proof of breeding in captivity, laying in captivity, and hatching in captivity. Regardless of the whether they are "breeding" them or not, where did the females come from? In other words, how did the females get to their overseas location without being smuggled? Sorry, but to me, smuggling adults so that you can "legally" sell their offspring is no different than selling the smuggled adults.

And of course, as the Republicans love to remind us, "we still live in a dangerous world." Are the people who can move contraband around the world really the people we should be putting money into the pockets of? Really???

Whilst I have upmost respect for your obvious commitment towards the species, I also feel gutted that you knowingly support the smuggling of a banned export from such a torn stricken country. It gives the impresion you support what the smugglers stand for and therefore, there is no wonder the wildlife of Madagascar is in such turmoil. Have you ever wondered if the likes of yourself did not support the ban, that by now there would be many captive bread examples for all to enjoy?

:confused: I'm not naive to smuggling. What gets me gutted is seeing a animal in neglectful condition. Every animal I've ever received has come with appoved paperwork, or has been a rescued animal here in the states, from someone who had more money than sense. Or the opposite, no money for the hidden costs it takes to maintain Chameleons; housing, lighting, water, Vet and food bills. The wildlife of Madagascar is in human turmoil from a ever growing population, and it's close proximity to the Asian markets were almost everything gets cooked, dried, picked for parts, and eaten.
I wonder all the time, but rules and reality can't be ignored. So I patiently wait for the pieces to the puzzle, in hopes that eggs laid from U.S. born and breed animals hatch and grow and become a rare sight, rather than a no sight here in the states.

What I do is hard, not easy or everbody would be doing it.

If parsons do it in the wild why dont you think they do it in captivity?? I am not saying that all of the breeders are honest but some are and they happen to be good at breeding Parsons.

If parsons do it in the wild why dont you think they do it in captivity?? I am not saying that all of the breeders are honest but some are and they happen to be good at breeding Parsons.

Doing it in captivity is not so much the problem. It's the two other steps ( laying and hatching ) where thing get sticky.

Last edited:
When did anyone say they don't breed in captivity? A friend of mine was the first to breed and hatch both subspecies of Parson's in captivity and I was in touch with him about the process at the time. I'm well aware of it being possible, just very very rare. For an animal with such a high ticket price, why aren't captive breedings/hatchings recorded photographically the way they are for every other high ticket reptile being captive bred? And if they really are breeding them, where did the breeders come from? Animals imported prior to the CITES suspension?

I think we should have a Parsons smuggler alert as breaking news on Fox. Yellow for yellow lips, orange for orange eyes and green for green giants. After we brainwash the public with it for 6 months we could send a coalition to Madagascar to bring the smugglers to justice and institute a regime change. And the next user to use "lol" will be sent to guantanamo;

swissmiss your parsons are amazing if i had them i wouid never get anything done because i would sit and stare for hours and it would never get boring!:)also this forum stinks of the left lol haha just a joke :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom