Panthers Or Veiled

NewOwner

I am going to be breeding, i live on vancouver island In b.c,Ca

Just wondering in a couple months when i start should i breed Veiled or panthers?

Ive heard through a friend, panthers sell faster oon v.i Thanks

My personal opinion is that you should work on keeping your veiled for awhile.
Keep researching and reading and perfect your husbandry first.
I kept a single male veiled chameleon for 2 years before I felt like I could even consider a small breeding project.
I am constantly fine tuning my practices in this hobby.
It takes a long time to really get things right and the learning never stops.

-Brad

"Ive heard through a friend, panthers sell faster oon v.i Thanks"

I really hate to say this but....from what you are saying it sounds like you want to turn a profit on these animals? I am not saying a profit is bad but in times like this these or any other animal should not be turned into a money bag business...Sure its all well and such but I personally would never purchase an animal from someone that doesn't look past the $$ figures and enjoys the purety in owning a cham.

I have never kept veileds BUT I have kept panther chams and love them to death. Because my wife and I had our first child it was impossible to keep them going and spend the time I wanted to so I had a couple people here adopt them off. Needless to say I am getting back into it with 1 cham and thats it.

I hope your into the hobby and not just a buck or 2....I wouldnt dare start breeding until I was well established with animals I have kept for a while and I knew what I was doing. Please take the advise by Brad and others and read, read and read some more....these animals aren't the easiest to work and breed.

I agree with Brad.
I had my first chameleon, Simon, for 3 years before I got a second chameleon, Abby. I still didnt jump into breeding. I waited two more years, Simon was 5 and Abby nearly 3 before I bred them. Im not saying everyone needs to wait this long, but everyone should take the time necessary to get their husbandry straight and some experience under their belts.
(a couple months is NOT sufficient)

Back
Top Bottom