Panthers chameleon left eye closed

Justin.2020

So starting yesterday I noticed my chameleons left eye won't open I've been misting more and steaming in the bathroom and showers more often he has a automatic fogger and dripper but he has a bump on top of his nose and vet gave me baytril and it didn't work that was weeks ago and they still won't get back to me now he's got an eye issue can anybody help maybe there's some eye meds I could buy

there a few things it could be but we would need to see a picture. Often chameleons will close their eyes when their systems start to shut down, however, if it is only one eye, it is most likely has an infection. Is there any leakage coming from the closed eye and does it look swollen?

You need a good chameleon vet. (BTW...I'm not a vet....I speak from experience and from what I have learned and read over the years.)

If the bump on the nose is an infection and it wasn't cleaned out then it could spread and the antibiotics won't likely cure it. Chameleon pus is like cottage cheese in texture and the antibiotics don't usually penetrate it...which is why the bump needs to be cleaned out....if it is an infection.
Without photos, it's hard to even to give our best guess about it.

He has the only reptile vet in my town and they suck I'll post pictures when I get home and no he doesn't have any pics coming out and doesn't look swollen

You need a good chameleon vet. (BTW...I'm not a vet....I speak from experience and from what I have learned and read over the years.)

If the bump on the nose is an infection and it wasn't cleaned out then it could spread and the antibiotics won't likely cure it. Chameleon pus is like cottage cheese in texture and the antibiotics don't usually penetrate it...which is why the bump needs to be cleaned out....if it is an infection.
Without photos, it's hard to even to give our best guess about it.
He had a culture test and the vet said it wasnt full of anything

there a few things it could be but we would need to see a picture. Often chameleons will close their eyes when their systems start to shut down, however, if it is only one eye, it is most likely has an infection. Is there any leakage coming from the closed eye and does it look swollen?

Attachments

• 20201206_152955_HDR.jpg
    20201206_152955_HDR.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20201206_152958_HDR.jpg
    20201206_152958_HDR.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20201206_153009_HDR.jpg
    20201206_153009_HDR.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 20201206_153024.jpg
    20201206_153024.jpg