Panther breeders - suggestions??

thank you so much for your feedback!! These are all helpful things to know
The only thing is that they do not provide pictures along the way, however they do have pictures of all the parents, and their clutches sellout quickly because they do offer a pre-order option. They ship out on the date they have disclosed but they are very thoughtful so if you are still waiting on supplies or something else causes delays they'll ship even two weeks after the original take home date. They ship ups overnight from Mondays to Wednesdays. One more note: I did not take Fred to a vet after he arrived for a fecal because I did not want to stress him out, but when he arrived there was no indication of any prior health issues, he was in prime condition and has been after his adjustment period.

The only thing is that they do not provide pictures along the way, however they do have pictures of all the parents, and their clutches sellout quickly because they do offer a pre-order option. They ship out on the date they have disclosed but they are very thoughtful so if you are still waiting on supplies or something else causes delays they'll ship even two weeks after the original take home date. They ship ups overnight from Mondays to Wednesdays. One more note: I did not take Fred to a vet after he arrived for a fecal because I did not want to stress him out, but when he arrived there was no indication of any prior health issues, he was in prime condition and has been after his adjustment period.

Thank you SO much for sharing your personal experience!! I put a deposit down last night. So when it comes to your chameleon becoming “your” chameleon - do they just ship you, say a male (what I ordered) on your ship date or do you have any opportunity for choice?

I liked that I was able to communicate with them ahead of time and also really like their professionalism. I’ve followed them on IG for a while and always like what I see. Side note, I wanted to rant about this lol there’s a particular company that I’ve seen recommended before and have heard of myself - I looked into them briefly and was just really turned off by what I saw. Seemed like some immature stoner dudes just trying to make a buck.

Anyway, I plan on setting up a vet appointment 1-2 weeks after our new guy’s arrival just to get ourselves established :)

Thank you SO much for sharing your personal experience!! I put a deposit down last night. So when it comes to your chameleon becoming “your” chameleon - do they just ship you, say a male (what I ordered) on your ship date or do you have any opportunity for choice?

I liked that I was able to communicate with them ahead of time and also really like their professionalism. I’ve followed them on IG for a while and always like what I see. Side note, I wanted to rant about this lol there’s a particular company that I’ve seen recommended before and have heard of myself - I looked into them briefly and was just really turned off by what I saw. Seemed like some immature stoner dudes just trying to make a buck.

Anyway, I plan on setting up a vet appointment 1-2 weeks after our new guy’s arrival just to get ourselves established :)
I was wondering the same thing initially, but unfortunately you can't select a specific baby. They do however keep all of their babies in separate enclosures so they have the opportunity to really "get to know" all of the chameleons in their care and observe what kind of personality they have so far. Try and keep in mind that their personality's do develop over time though. I'm sure that if you were to tell them that you are a first timer they would be inclined to maybe pick one to send to you that isn't so "fussy" or one that's more approachable. Of course all cams are little jerks because they're naturally anti-social, but I don't think they'd give you one that's more aggressive if they are aware this is your first chameleon. Another thing: I did not make any attempt to sex Fred because he was from a reputable breeder but it's always a good idea especially if they are displaying any ultra strange behavior conducive with being sexed incorrectly. Fred has not shown any of this behavior but none the less, I still wish I has double checked him when he first came home. It's always a really good idea to visit a vet first thing, I will be taking my cham in for a check-up sometime soon. The chameleon will come with a "quick-care" card as well as a "birth certificate" that says who the parents are and when the cham was born. I'm sure you've done your research but if your looking for the right supplies my "before you spend $10,000" thread might be of help with the list and a good idea of how much his set-up will cost all together.

I was wondering the same thing initially, but unfortunately you can't select a specific baby. They do however keep all of their babies in separate enclosures so they have the opportunity to really "get to know" all of the chameleons in their care and observe what kind of personality they have so far. Try and keep in mind that their personality's do develop over time though. I'm sure that if you were to tell them that you are a first timer they would be inclined to maybe pick one to send to you that isn't so "fussy" or one that's more approachable. Of course all cams are little jerks because they're naturally anti-social, but I don't think they'd give you one that's more aggressive if they are aware this is your first chameleon. Another thing: I did not make any attempt to sex Fred because he was from a reputable breeder but it's always a good idea especially if they are displaying any ultra strange behavior conducive with being sexed incorrectly. Fred has not shown any of this behavior but none the less, I still wish I has double checked him when he first came home. It's always a really good idea to visit a vet first thing, I will be taking my cham in for a check-up sometime soon. The chameleon will come with a "quick-care" card as well as a "birth certificate" that says who the parents are and when the cham was born. I'm sure you've done your research but if your looking for the right supplies my "before you spend $10,000" thread might be of help with the list and a good idea of how much his set-up will cost all together.

Awesome, sounds great! I’m actually ok with not picking... I kind of want to be surprised! This will be my second chameleon, but first panther. I’m totally redoing my setup though so it definitely feels like a whole new beginning. I will check your thread out :) I’m in the process of making my own ledges so I’m pretty excited about that.

My former chameleon was one that I took in...long story but, he was a rescue and also my first chameleon, ironically. I never really got to sufficiently prepare in advance the way I am this time. It’s quite a different experience already!

One more note: I did not take Fred to a vet after he arrived for a fecal because I did not want to stress him out, but when he arrived there was no indication of any prior health issues, he was in prime condition and has been after his adjustment period.
Taking the animal in to the vet is not necessary for a fecal exam—just a fresh sample of 💩, which can be dropped off.

I've been happy with my boy from iPardalis, although he's not happy with me yet.

9lgQnW3.jpg

What pairing is this handsome fella from?!

He's from the Nugget x Alla 7/10 clutch.

I wanted to add that I chose to go with iPardalis because I feel Jonathan really strives to provide great care for his animals. He's gotten rid of dietary D3, does cool bio bins for hatchlings and raises babies individually. It's neat to be able to trace the lineage of his breeders on his website, and the thought and effort he puts into the pairings shows in what he produces. Jonathan has provided me support post sale for advice on hand feeding and taming as well. I am sure there are several other breeders that are this good, but it seems like there are also a lot of people that don't care about the animals at all. Frams Chams seems to be a great choice as well. With all the videos they post on IG, there is no question about the cleanliness and health of their collection. I personally like to see how a breeder has their room set up and the quality of their enclosures to get a feel for the level of care that their animals are getting. By quality of enclosures, I don't mean reptibreeze vs dragonstrand, but if they are set up in way that would make Bill Strand happy or not. These things don't matter to every buyer though.

Thank you everyone for the feedback, truly! @ERKleRose the potential shipping delay is exactly what I would be nervous about.

I am about 98% sure I will be putting a deposit down with Chromatic this evening for a baby from the Kromatisk x Shirley clutch. I feel really comfortable from what I’ve seen after researching them through different venues... also, out of every breeder and/or reptile supply company I’ve contact within the past month - they are the only ones who have responded! So knowing they are willing and available to communicate is a major major plus for me :)
Chromatic is pretty good. I got this guy from them. He arrived healthy as a horse

Attachments

• 20210110_160535.jpg
    20210110_160535.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom