Outside with our Mellers!

luevelvet

Avid Member
Today turned out to be absolutely beautiful outside, perfect temps for our Meller's to enjoy some free and natural sunlight...I'm also getting the hang of using my camera, finally after 3 years of owning it...

Enjoy!

Luis

Attachments

• DSC_2181.jpg
    DSC_2181.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC_2198.jpg
    DSC_2198.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_2200.jpg
    DSC_2200.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_2210.jpg
    DSC_2210.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC_2211.jpg
    DSC_2211.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 128
He's a nice looking guy! I like the blueish tint he has. I've never seen a mellers with like that before. Very cool!

Not that we've ever noticed. Well, when we first brought him home, there wsa a couple of days there when he hated those river rocks and was pacing around. I was careful to notice if he did any damage, but all looked well. He looks pretty much the same as the day we brought him home. When I first saw him, I thought the same thing, but his behaviour didn't really justify the concern. He seems pretty happy and content in his cage for the time being.

Thanks!

Luis

Beautiful Melleri!!!!! Looks like he's really enjoying the outside. You might want to think about a free range for him. Jann

NOt to hijack your thread, but how do you keep them still? I put Leo on the top of this awesome Shefflera tree and he either tries to find a higher place or practically falls out of it. He doesnt just sit and chill...and that scares me to let him outside. Our house is woods on 2 sides and Im afraid if he sees a tree, he will try to make a dash for it...

And your Cham is Gorgeous! Blue is my fave color!!

Our house is woods on 2 sides and Im afraid if he sees a tree, he will try to make a dash for it...

He will go straight for a tree that is taller than his. He might be smart enough to wait till your gone or not looking, or have no fear and just bolt for them. My first veiled, Stella, we took her outside and there was a bush right near by and she climbed down her tree very slow with one eye glued to us and as soon as she hit the ground she ran:D Never seen a cham move so fast.

On the other hand. my two male veiled never seemed to care when outside. The tree they would bask in, was taller than me and there wasn't anything close enough for them to climb. So they would just chill.

He will go straight for a tree that is taller than his. He might be smart enough to wait till your gone or not looking, or have no fear and just bolt for them. My first veiled, Stella, we took her outside and there was a bush right near by and she climbed down her tree very slow with one eye glued to us and as soon as she hit the ground she ran:D Never seen a cham move so fast.

On the other hand. my two male veiled never seemed to care when outside. The tree they would bask in, was taller than me and there wasn't anything close enough for them to climb. So they would just chill.

Ah, so no luck "FREE" ranging outside then eh? I just always see these people taking pics of their chams in the tree and I just wonder how its done.. I mean, I would think even if that was the only tee, they would climb to the highest point and I wouldnt reach them anymore.. Guess we are building an outside aviary (cage/home/terrarium?)

Our's is very chill most of the time. the only time he feels the need to hurry is when after we've held him for a few minutes during cleanings and transport. Only then does he take lunge for the first plant he sees then proceeds to slow down and within a minute or two he's happy and slow. I will take a pic of the schefflera that I allow him to occupy when we're outside. It's almost like a large bonsai. It's about as old as I am and has been in the family the whole time. My mother gave it to me and it housed my first veiled's 15 years ago. Now its Melle's home when he's outside. :)

We really don't pay much attention to him, when he's out there. I mean, we don't ignore him, but I don't sit and stare the entire time. It's usually when Nicole has yard work or if I'm out there working on other projects.

Once he's out there, he really just sits and chills in the sun, then moves into the shade, then back in the sun. never really goes very far very fast. Plus the plant is in the center of a table in the middle of the yard, so he really can't go anywhere without jumping or falling off the plant. It's also nice to walk around the table and find the best angle's for good shots.

Luis

Sorry I forgot to give you the camera details...nothing really fancy, but I am getting used to using it in manual mode. :)

I use a Nikon D50 with a budget Tamron Lens. I took these shots with a macro kit. The 2x lens adapter works great for close ups.

Back
Top Bottom