Outside cage for summer questions

SourGrape4u

Avid Member
so I've always kept my chameleons inside. But would like to know how safe is it for them on a porch and in a enclosure that has the bigger plastic mesh that bugs can get into. Also if under the porch do they still need uvb bulbs? I'll post pictures of screen material and porch. PS the small cage in pics is what I was using to bring them out for short periods. Also uuuhhhh excuse my mess.
20200412_104219.jpg
20200412_104250.jpg
20200412_104323.jpg

Ok so it is Easter Sunday so hence why not too many people are active. Bugs just like in the wild are every where the only concern I would have would be ants. Otherwise the material should be be fine you are just using it as a barrier so make sure there are lots of climbing branches or live tree even better. And for uvb the only true way to know is to use a UVI meter to be able to tell what your readings are.

Working on an outside cage myself, I think I am going with the plastic stuff similar to what you have pictured since I do not plan to leave him unattended outside, just want to keep him in and birds out.

Working on an outside cage myself, I think I am going with the plastic stuff similar to what you have pictured since I do not plan to leave him unattended outside, just want to keep him in and birds out.

I like it better than the metal

Back
Top Bottom