Oustalets eggs in incubator

Greywyuulf

Greetings
how it going. Not getting ahead of myself, 1 big power outage and poof, i know..but...I may find myself with way too many baby oustalets chameleons lol. If things go well will be looking to trade some for other chameleons ,if anyone has any interest gimme a [email protected]...looking for furcifers, c. brevicornes possibly or? im open, just a little micro breeder havin fun hehe. also will be looking for ackie monitors. threw a cpl pictures of my adults,,last 2 are pair that just bred, female is looking gravid, but..did i mention poof lol..later all

Attachments

• 0120171755c.jpg
    0120171755c.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 192
  • VZM.IMG_20161106_194057.jpg
    VZM.IMG_20161106_194057.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 1222161501_HDR.jpg
    1222161501_HDR.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 0116171639.jpg
    0116171639.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 190
  • VZM.IMG_20161119_091814.jpg
    VZM.IMG_20161119_091814.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 223
Just wondering do Ostalets eggs require an incubator? I only know Panthers and they do better without one.
Congrats on your eggs. Nice looking adults.

Well I am using one this time around..hoverbator...but to be honest this is first time I have worked with oustalets...from all the information ive been able to find, which aint much, ive been using panther techniques. The incubator verses a shelf versus whatever has been goin on forever. The last time i produced chameleons was back 25 years ago and they were calyptratus..and we didnt have the selection of choices available today. back then i did it with a styro fish box and a submersible heater. had great luck. I guess we will see ( positive energy...positive energy) lol first few clutches been in it for 2 months and they look outstanding so far>

thanx, and I do have a few that im using shelf method , hard to teach an old dog new tricks after all lol thought incubator would help me with heat issues in the room got it set low 70 can hit 80 midday and please if anyone has any info or suggestions i am always wide open for information, will keep ya all posted..peace

I don't know if this applies to your species but we've had great hatch rates by putting our egg bins in the bottom of a central closet that touches the concrete foundation of the house. The temperature has been constant except of a few of the coldest winter days in so. Cal and through the heat of summer.

hehe ya tad cold for the foundation here in michigan..:) but i am incubating them a couple different ways and one of those is in a closet lol thanks for info

Back
Top Bottom