Opinion on when to get plants

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
What would the best option be for getting plants for my chameleon cage?
Should I get them now and grow them up a little before the new cage get here, or should I go out and get them after I have gotten the cage and have all the branches and stuff set up?

What would the best option be for getting plants for my chameleon cage?
Should I get them now and grow them up a little before the new cage get here, or should I go out and get them after I have gotten the cage and have all the branches and stuff set up?
You’ll be needing to prepare them, so why wait. You’ll be needing to gently wash the leaves and rinse very thoroughly. I use dilute Dawn dish soap. I also remove as much of the soil they came in down to bare roots, rinse with water and repot in organic soil. This causes a bit of stress to the plants and they may need a little time to recover. I’d also suggest if you get pothos or philodendron to snip off about 4-5” if you can from some of the vines and sit in a glass of water to create more plants. I like to have a couple of back up plants for when some in my enclosures aren’t doing so great or been eaten bare by one of my girls.

I like to get everything running for a couple weeks, including plants, mister, lights etc. Before introduction of cham. Let's you get your timers and everything situated, and hopefully with good lighting the plants start filling in.

Back
Top Bottom