One eye closed, is this a problem?

PaulZarate

Hey guys I know sleeping during the day is an issue. My chameleon isn't having this problem. But I'm concerned because he usually shuts one of his eyes close to lights off. I'm thinking he's just getting ready for bed because he also get's in his sleep positon.

Your Chameleon - Male Ambilobe Panther Chameleon, 6 months old, I've had him for 3 months.
Handling - Handle once a week for maybe 5 minutes
Feeding - About 7-10 crickets a day, gut loaded with a blend of various vegetables. Also get's some wax worms now and then.
Supplements - Rep-Cal Calcium 2x a week, Calcium with D3 every other week, Zoo Med's Reptivite every other week( not during the week of the Cal D3)
Watering - Mist King Ultimate System, mists every hour and a half for about 40 seconds.
Fecal Description - The poop and urine are normal.
History - He was purchased from Screameleons.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen Cage 30x18x30
Lighting - One UVB 18" linear fixture. One UVA 60W
Temperature - Temperature is usually around 77-83º. Basking spot is about 88º
Humidity - Humidity remains around 45%-60% before misting. I'm also using a humidifier.
Plants - One Pothos and One Umbrella (From my understanding it's an umbrella.)
Placement - It's in my room on a dresser, The top of the cage is about 4.5ft high.
Location - New York City

Assuming that you lived in US and the daylight savings time stuff going on, I would say that it's normal to sleep half an hour earlier.
Sometimes I notice my chameleon actually sleep whenever it's dark outside even though it is bright indoor. Thus, I always adjust his lighting schedule following the sun's schedule.

Back
Top Bottom