OK what is this

Dean Pulcini

Avid Member
If you look close the chameleon gives you a clue.
HatchingWiedersheimi001.jpg

HatchingWiedersheimi002.jpg

HatchingWiedersheimi003.jpg

HatchingWiedersheimi004.jpg

Dang it. I always see these just a moment too late. Yep, Ch. (T.) weidersheimi is my ID too. Congrats. :D I haven't seen any of those hatch out in a while. What were your incubation parameters and duration?

Oh Trace you always get it. Yes Wiedersheimi P this clutch is just starting to hatch as we speak. Eggs are hatching this week when it rains it pours.

I keep my montane species very cool. I start them at 65 and gradually raise temperature to a whopping 68 over a 4 month span. I guess if you kept them at a constant 68 it would work. anything over 68 would be sure death for the eggs in my opinion. I had them in a air conditioned room during the warm months and it took almost 5 months to hatch at these cool temps same for the Johnston.

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a bit longer than I figured. I had a pair of Ch. (T.) weidersheimi perreti 8 or 9 years ago that bred and produced one good clutch of eggs that, if I remember correctly, went about 4 months or maybe less... Also did mountains and several clutches of quads that went 4-4.5 months but I've never been able to keep it as cool as you. As for the high temps, one of my clutches of quads was incubated over a summer and got up to 75F. They hatched, but had a lot of physical abnormalities :( Congrats again on this clutch. They're an awesome little species of cham.

Thanks Ill be keeping some and selling the rest as captive hatched. Probably keep 2 females and look for a male down the road.

Back
Top Bottom