Not sleeping tonight

Jocccellynnn

Established Member
Okay so, I turn my lights off every night at 7:30-8:00 and she will climb to a branch, curl up and go to sleep. Tonight she did this but around 10:00 I noticed she wasn’t sleeping anymore and she was screen climbing, it’s currently 1:09 and she has changed patterns and colors a bit and she is still screen climbing and I am worried I don’t know why she’s acting like this.

I’m sure someone here with more experience will probably ask you these questions too: What is your night temps and humidity? Could she be gravid? Any day sleeping or wandering crickets that could be biting her? Any machine vibrations that could shake the cage? Other pets around the cage?

I’m sure someone here with more experience will probably ask you these questions too: What is your night temps and humidity? Could she be gravid? Any day sleeping or wandering crickets that could be biting her? Any machine vibrations that could shake the cage? Other pets around the cage?
I was thinking about all these things as well, my cat could have been bothering her. But she doesn’t seem Gravid at all she is still small in her stomach and age.

Might be the cat and cats are definitely one of the dangerous chameleon killers (I know someone who lost 3 adult chameleons to their cat). Also you might want to fill out the Chameleon questionnaire that might give clues to any husbandry issues for your specific chameleon.

Did you have any lights on in the room or a tv? @Lennoncham asked this already but this is typically the issue.

If your up and you can see her then it is bright enough to disturb her sleep.
I have her in my den upstairs which is right next to my room, there were no lights in but the washer machine was. I’m assuming it was the cat, she can’t get into her enclosure so I’m not scared of her getting hurt but I am worried that she’s getting stress. But it didn’t seem to bother her at all like it did last night. I don’t think it is anything in my husbandry because she’s been super happy with her new enclosure. Probably was the cat I’ll have to figure something out with that.

Did you have any lights on in the room or a tv? @Lennoncham asked this already but this is typically the issue.

If your up and you can see her then it is bright enough to disturb her sleep.
I put a sheet over her cage just for the night and I woke up and she was asleep again. Maybe it was the washer. Still not completely sure but I’ll let you guys know if the problem occurs again tonight.

I forgot to add this lol. Her night temps are 50 lowest 45 and humidity is 70

I have her in my den upstairs which is right next to my room, there were no lights in but the washer machine was. I’m assuming it was the cat, she can’t get into her enclosure so I’m not scared of her getting hurt but I am worried that she’s getting stress. But it didn’t seem to bother her at all like it did last night. I don’t think it is anything in my husbandry because she’s been super happy with her new enclosure. Probably was the cat I’ll have to figure something out with that.

cats have been known to rip open screen cages and kill chams. I wouldn’t let the cat near the cage unsupervised.

I’m not a veiled chameleon keeper but according to the Chameleon Academy Caresheet that might be a lil cold and the humidity would be best if it’s above that at night (75-100) and below that during the day (30-50).
Reference: https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
I’ve been told as long as it doesn’t reach under 40 at night she should be fine. And she doesn’t seem to get cold. But thanks

Back
Top Bottom