Not Mouth Rot

noahrofsky7

Established Member
Hello,

I recently made a post about a J. Jacksonii with “mouth rot” I have come to the conclusion it isn’t mouth rot due to normal looking inside of mouth. There’s also little to no inflammation. The reason I thought it was mouth rot is because of a drooping dark corner of the mouth.

After some lookin around it seems machakos hills Jackson’s have that in general. Never noticed.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I AM STILL INCORRECT

Here are some pics. The 4th is my chameleon.

3074C360-FDFC-4E03-9002-457108B5336F.jpeg

D0F10217-1CD7-4B60-BDF8-688D0B505AFC.jpeg
D1E98368-17D1-4C93-BABE-2D24268C40AD.jpeg
86632E91-96DC-4B4C-B6CF-774C7D641D45.jpeg

In your other thread @kinyonga asked for more photos and some close ups. Can you share more pics of your chameleon? @JacksJill might be able to weigh in.

With Jackson's an issue that can arise is the temporal gland infection. Not saying that's what's going on here, but something for you to read about if you're not familiar with it:
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-medical-temporal-gland-infection/

In general it's easier for people to give you feedback if you stick to one thread - so they can see the other posts and comments from other members too.

In your other thread @kinyonga asked for more photos and some close ups. Can you share more pics of your chameleon? @JacksJill might be able to weigh in.

With Jackson's an issue that can arise is the temporal gland infection. Not saying that's what's going on here, but something for you to read about if you're not familiar with it:

In general it's easier for people to give you feedback if you stick to one thread - so they can see the other posts and comments from other members too.
Hi,
Here’s the best I can do with photos. I will update in prior thread.
thanks
C2C143D5-BCF6-4963-9CDB-A8DBE4916EED.jpeg
C58686C8-C718-4A04-A084-DEE897011E51.jpeg
6CC3A3E7-E04D-43CC-A453-33FEAADED2EA.jpeg

Attachments

• 9E77471C-8F63-42E1-BCB4-BA8E50C3DC8A.jpeg
    9E77471C-8F63-42E1-BCB4-BA8E50C3DC8A.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 80

That’s the infection I was trying to remember the name of in my earlier post. I had a Jackson’s years ago that had that and I thought it kinda looked like that might be the problem.

That’s the infection I was trying to remember the name of in my earlier post. I had a Jackson’s years ago that had that and I thought it kinda looked like that might be the problem.

When in doubt...go to the medical page of Chameleon Academy 😂 I couldn't remember it either til I went there and hunted around.

Back
Top Bottom